Author Topic: Soiree in New York City: A Retrospective: Come share the adventures!  (Read 133538 times)

ginny

• Administrator

September 8-12, 2010
Everyone is invited!   

Autumn in New York, (are you singing?) What could be finer?

Based on the resounding success of our 10th Anniversary Gathering in NYC in 2008, we thought we'd try it again!~

Our Hotel: The Leo House:  "The Little Heart in the  Big City," with the best rates you'll find anywhere.

Hotel Information and Rates

Garden at the Leo House

If you are a Latin student, come meet some of  your classmates, for a fun filled day or  weekend:

Classics Students at the Met, NYC 2008

Tentative Schedule:

Here's a loose schedule for Sept 8th thru Sept 12th:

Sept 8th-Day 1
--Contact: Ann [/email] for details. Ann  plans for us to meet at the Fraunces Tavern Museum at 3pm.  When the museum closes at 5pm, meet downstairs in the Fraunces Tavern for drinks and dinner.   This is where George Washington and his generals met after or during the Revolution.  http://www.frauncestavernmuseum.org/

Sept 9th thru Sept 12:

Day 2--LucyLibr--plans a cruise on the Hudson. Contact: Lucy [/email] for details.

Day3-
-Alf is planning a Surprise!  Contact: Andrea  [/email] for details.

Day 4-
-Pedl'n plans a day at the newest NYC park, the High Line.    http://www.thehighline.org/ Contact: Pedln [/email] for details.

Day 5-
Ginny will plan something at the Met and a luncheon for the Latin students, everyone is invited, just like last time.  Contact: ginny [/email] for details.

Day 6-: Travel Day: Monday the 13th: Departure

Other possible venues include:  a day at the   Botanical Gardens or a history tour of NYC environs.  A Broadway Show, opera, concert, tea at the Plaza, the Algonquin (home of the RoundTable) etc., etc., etc.
New!!

to our First Ever Author Tea at Sarabeth's on Central Park between 5th and 6th Avenue:  This is our room!

Join us on September 11 in this award winning restaurant looking out on the Park for one of their famous Teas, at less than half price, $10 only, no tax, and enjoy meeting our authors, Bruce Frankel,  and Maryann McFadden:

"I can think of no writer I'd rather have sing me songs of the sea, even sad ones, than Maryann McFadden."---Anne Rivers Siddons

Bruce Frankel’s book, What Should I Do With the Rest of My Life is inspirational!  "This upbeat, inspiring, timely book shows how taking a risk and fighting to find a passionate career — at any age — can reinvigorate your life...”— Susan Shapiro Contact: Ann today to secure your place at the table!  We have only a few seats left!~  Don't miss this one!!

See information about reservations at the LEO HOUSE. Deadline to reserve your accommodations is June 15!

Questions about the gathering? Contact: Ann

As a New Yorker would say, "What's not to like?" 

Join us if you can, you'll never forget it!

Sign in here and help us plan what you want to see and do!

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
Re: Soiree in New York City: come join us!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »
Thanks, Ginny, for putting this wonderful site together.  You did a great job.

"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth." Robert Southey

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:27:09 AM »
I'm glad it suits and it can be changed at a moment's notice to accommodate everybody.  You and your team have it wonderfully organized already!

I'm getting a lot of people writing about accommodations and even tho this is short notice (I love spur of the moment things, just get up and GO!)  it appears we'll  have a great group, so come one, come all, and let's plan our time.

Come, Readers, come, Latin Students, come, anybody on SeniorLearn. This is a spur of the moment sort of informal weekend in NYC. We'll start planning a major Bookfest for 2011 when we get back; this one is a mini break in the city which never sleeps and is ready and waiting for us.

I love planning a trip. You get two trips, the one you planned and the one it turns into. Often nothing like each other. hahaha

But the greatest city in the world is more than ready for us. NYC here we COME!

ALF43

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:33:28 AM »
Here we come, indeed!  Who else will join us?  We have so many wonderful people at SeniorLearn that I am just dying to meet.  How can we tell you how wonderful it is to be able to share memories, stories and conversation with another "bookie?"
It brings us all (who share secrets online that we would never tell another soul) so much clooser.
Please think about it and let us know that you can come and join us for a few days.
Books are the bees which carry the quickening pollen from one to another mind.  ~James Russell Lowell

pedln

• BooksDL
  • SE Missouri
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
I'm really excited about getting together -- our past "soirees" have been so terrific.

About the schedule  -- the dinner at the Fraunces is really an event, something that no one will want to miss.  Might we want to consider another day other than our arrival day -- some folks might not arrive in time.

Two suggestions here -- 1.  Highline Park is certainly not an all day, not even an all afternoon, event -- that would be a light day and would be a good time for a meal at the Fraunces.

2.  The Circle Cruise around Manhattan starts and finishes downtown --- I think??  Unless we're all totally zapped by the fresh air dinner that night might also be a possibility.

We're currently talking 5 nights at Leo House.  Some might be reluctant to add another night for the sake of dinner.

JoanR

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 12:02:10 PM »
You're quite right, Pedln - that was my problem : the dinner at the Fraunces taking an extra night.  I didn't see how I could get away for even the four nights until my son volunteered to take a few vacation days to come stay with his Dad who really can't be left on his own anymore.  I'll be coming in on Thursday and can stay through Sunday.  If the dinner is changed to another night as Pedln suggests, that would be nice indeed.  I am SO looking forward to this "soiree"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zulema

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »
I'll just say I am delighted you came up with this idea and I'll be seeing you all again, even if most of the plans will be toward downtown, which takes me a while to get to.  This will be a good occasion to go see the High Line with all of you.   Haven't been to Fraunces Tavern in maybe 20 years.  Can't remember what you all did last time since I just joined you for the Museum outing, as proven by my picture in this issue, and this picture has Ginny too (I'm the one getting in Ginny's way).  The ones I have from that time don't have Ginny in them.

Just got this issue, so haven't thought anything up to add yet, but will definitely join you in as many things as I can.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »
Zulema! Wonderful to see you again, what fun we had the last time, you are such a hoot!

I am just delighted by the response to our letter, and we have quite a few Latin students coming now, and they are all enthusiastic about our plans posted here, so it should be a blast!

I hope everybody who is going will come in and post so we can get an idea and plan better.

I am so excited about this new and different sort of Gathering and very grateful to Ann and everybody else who is picking in to help. We really need all hands on deck.

I'll take Day 5,  Sunday, we can plan something   for the Latin students  of interest to all, with everybody else invited as well.

I just realized yesterday that we'll be there during 9/11, I do hope that won't mess up the reservations, I'll find out tomorrow morning. There will probably be a ceremony at the site of the World Trade Center.

EMAIL ME IMMEDIATELY (gvinesc@gmail.com)  if you require accommodations for this trip? I can fill you in on the details tomorrow. We must FAX our reservation requests no later than next Monday morning.

This is getting VERY exciting! It appears we have a good size group coming. We need a group photo. Let's keep working on the arrangements.

Everyone is welcome, whether you've been here 12 years or 12 minutes, if you're with SeniorLearn, come on!!

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »
Welcome Zulema!  We are so glad to have you come again to another NYC soiree.
We will see you on Wednesday, Sept 8th at the Fraunces Tavern Museum at 3pm and then for dinner at the restaurant at 5pm.  If you can't make it to the Museum but want to do dinner, we will see you at 5pm.  Please let me know on both times.

My email:  adoannie35@yahoo.com
"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth." Robert Southey

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »
Well, Ginny, just let us know if being there on 9/11 is going to be a problem so we can adjust our dates??? Well, see what the Leo has to tell us today.
Did you get Mary's and my reservations???  I sent them last week.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 11:05:06 AM »
Lucy (the group reservationis person)  will not be in until tomorrow, this being a holiday so I'll call first thing bright and early.

I do have all the letters you have sent, and while they were all answered, I have responded with a question this morning. Please check your email today.

Those of you not planning or able  to be there on  Wednesday night for Fraunces, we'll all gather on a later night  (we will definitely want to eat more than one dinner in 5 days, no?) when the most of us are there, probably toward the weekend and after our day of sightseeing for a group meal and chat. So nobody will lose out if they can't be there Wednesday. There are a LOT of great places to eat in NYC! :)

Athena

• Hello from Atlanta, GA~USA
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »
I'm going to book a room at the Leo as soon as we get the details and then start looking for a Delta flight when the exact dates are set.  I really wanted to attend two years ago but was reluctant to commit way in advance.  This year I'm requiring myself to do better!  I haven't been to New York City in several years, so I am really looking forward to it.
"Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad." ~ Christina Rossetti.

Lucylibr

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »
I would think the night you arrive is best for the Fraunces, because you will have only part of that day.  That was what we did last time.

The Circle cruise is best not on the weekend.

Sunday afternoon is a good time to go to St. Thomas Church because there is both evensong and an organ recital.

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »
So Lucy, is Thursday or Friday your cruise day?

Athena
So glad you are joining us.  Will you be there on Wednesday??

Aberlaine

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 06:12:18 AM »
I've never been to a SeniorLearn "soiree" and would love to come.  I've met so many wonderful people here in  the past few years.  Once I know the full price - airfare, hotel, trips, dining - I can make a better decision.

I live in the Finger Lakes so it wouldn't be too far.  I grew up in CT and would take the train to NYC often.

Nancy

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:18 AM »
Nancy!!! It would be wonderful to meet you at last!I'm calling this morning for the rates, etc., but we would need to let them know by the end of this week actually, they require reservations 3 months in advance. I need to find out if the 9/11 is going to affect availability.

I'll post the new rates for September, (have already spoken to them once), as soon as I get them. If you think  once you see them, you will  need a room (not sure how far the Finger Lakes are),  please email me at gvinesc@gmail.com asap.

How exciting!! Cant wait to meet you!

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 08:30:28 AM »
Ok I've now talked to Lucy at the Leo House and here are the facts.

The first lady I talked to said that yes, 9/11 is a huge thing, people come in for the ceremonies, etc.

In Edit: Since we are now an official group of 12 staying and more coming in for the day, email gvinesc@gmail.com what you want of the following. This must be received BEFORE June 15, when your particulars will be FAXED.

Email gvinesc@gmail.com for any questions.

The rates are:

Double with more than one bed: $115, with mini bathroom ensuite WC and sink, no shower,  (shared shower across the hall, European style) and $125 for a double (two people) with two beds and shower.
There is no tax or extra charge.

Single with mini bathroom ensuite (WC and sink, no shower, shared shower across the hall) is $90 per day, with shower  is $100. No tax no extra charges. Shower may be across the hall and shared. We can SAY we're with the SeniorLearn group so we may be put together.

Hotel Address: (it's in trendy Chelsea):

The Leo House
332 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10011-2289.

Phone of Hotel: 1-212-929-1010

Let us know, however, when you will be coming so we can include you in, some exciting things being planned.

The Leo House is a unique type of thing: a  Catholic Guest House in the Chelsea district  open to all faiths, run by nuns. Very secure.  Breakfast (all you can eat) is available,  $9.00  home cooked.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 09:07:06 AM »
Nancy, your email bounced but you can see the information above, if you have any questions please write me?

We have at present 10 people staying AT the Leo and several more planning to come in for the day, I count 15 and climbing so it should be a wonderful event, come one, come all,  there are literary tours, too. Just about whatever you'd want, NYC has, let's do it together!!

Everyone is welcome, this is very exciting.

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »
I just talked to Shana who is in charge of reservations.  This might not be a good idea, our making our own reservations as we can't FAX or write to her before June 15.  Buuuut, if we have 10 people going, all we must do is say how many rooms we need.  For instance, 5 rooms w/ twin beds or 4 rooms for two people and 2 singles, however that splits.   We have to fax her on June 10th.  What say you Ginny?? Should we all await the arrival of Jun 15th or do you want our reservation info so that you can FAX on the 10th?
By the by, for Mary and I, we can come on Sept 6 or 7th and leave on 13 or 14.

Eloise

• Montreal
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 10:10:50 AM »
Ginny when I got your email about a New York City "soirée" my heart jumped and I immediately wanted  to go, this time with a wonderful group of people. What a wonderful opportunity. Please count me in and my daughter Françoise, or if she can't make it, someone else to share the room with. I am excited about seeing all of you I met on the Isle of Palms and at the Montreal Bash in 2006. I will fax whenever it is time to do it. I will go everywhere to anything that is planned, museums, Frounces, the cruise, everything except all night events.  ;D

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »
Eloise! WHOOP!! How fabulous!! WHEE!!!!

My heart is soaring also. We have a person coming from England who was thinking of needing a roommate. Oh Francoise, I'd love to meet her!

Wonderful!! Made my day coming in here! WHOOPEE!

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
My goodness what a refreshing attitude:

I will go everywhere to anything that is planned, museums, Frounces, the cruise, everything except all night events

hahahaa

I'm trying to find out how many people are on their first visit to NYC OR would like a tour of some kind of the city.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 10:47:14 AM »
Eloise's advent (YAHOO)  makes us an "official group" at the Leo House and I am back in charge of reservations, so do not FAX or write a letter, I'm it.

Email me gvinesc@gmail.com for any matters concerning reservations, please, and please remember this is NOT the Ritz and we can't guarantee anything in terms of room amenities, like an ensuite shower.

The Leo House is an "experience," perfect for our group and we've stayed there since 1996.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 11:33:05 AM »
And there's something about these "Gatherings" that always ends up fun and funny with lots of memories.

Andrea and i were just laughing about our coming last year. We had agreed to meet in the same airport but WHERE we'd meet (how difficult can it be, we've both got cell phones, right?) seemed to be an issue, we both got there early and started shuttling between the other's point of arrival.

Finally my phone rang as I was on the shuttle for the 100th time, having been told (they ran me all OVER that airport, we won't do that again) to go to terminal whatever, and as I approaching the terminal there was Andrea saying I'm in Terminal B or whatever. The doors started to close, I jumped out (risky at my age) and stood on the platform full of hurrying people. "I'm right here on the platform she said," I said I don't see you, turned around and there she stood staring at me. hahahaa

Funny, what a laugh. If we are all coming in Wednesday, we could try to coordinate airports and the ride in, MUCH cheaper. Let's try to do that.

Lucylibr

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 11:47:50 AM »
Yes, Circle Cruise on Thursday. I am assuming you would prefer travelogue narration to socializing over food and drinks, but I will check both possibilities.  You can purchase a bus tour ticket (for 2 days I think) and have the cruise included.  I will check.

Yes I will be there Wednesday night and for most of the other events. My Spanish class starts up the morning of the 15th leaving plenty of time.

There is a new World Trade Museum, a kind of preview of the memorial they are building, also a means of making money for the memorial by selling lots of souvenirs and collecting donations.  It's near the WTC on Vesey Street.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »
Thank you for doing all that work, Lucy. I think we may have people coming to the Big Apple for the first time, they will definitely want to sight see and the Circle Cruise Line is so much fun.

Thanks to Marcie for that great page of hotel info in the heading, she did a super job!

Getting more and more exciting, I love these things, and I love the spirit of cooperation and good will. Lucy will be our Info person on how to get around, too, she's a New Yorker and takes the bus and knows the subways.

Let's seriously think about coordinating our arrivals, those of us coming in on Wednesday, so we can share the ride in.

Eloise

• Montreal
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 03:25:24 PM »
Françoise and I will arrive at 8:30 pm on the 8th Sept. at Pennsylvania Station and take a cab to the hotel. We both have been to NYC before but not together, I think she was there more often than me.  I think a 2-day bus and Circle cruise tour is great if it's arranged. Can we hop on a city bus any time? I use public transport at home now that I don't have a car any more, it's so convenient.

JeanneP

• Sept 2013
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »
Just found out about the trip you are planning.  I may happen to be in NY at that time.  Visit to Granddaughter in Connecticut planned sometime in Sept. and then leave from NY to visit family in UK. 

All depends on the Airlines at this time.  At the moment the tickets to Europe unbelievable.   Lets hope by September they are down a little.  It is all the add on's that they have now.

If England is out then maybe time to visit my friend in Montreal and so could look at what the trains are doing at this time..

JeanneP

pedln

• BooksDL
  • SE Missouri
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 04:06:08 PM »
When will we know about the Leo House reservations?  I don't want to make plane reservations until we know about the rooms.  I might be able to get an earlier flight out, but bear in mind that those of us not in the east lose an hour when we travel to NY.  It might be helpful to push the dinner back 30 to 60 minutes.

This is going to be a terrific time.  Can't wait to see you all.

JeanneP, I do hope schedules, etc. work out for you.  I remember seeing you in Champaign in 2002.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 04:48:05 PM »
JeanneP!! How lovely to see you, I do hope you can come for a day anyway if visiting! What fun!

THIS is turning into something BIG here! I love the enthusiasm.

Eloise, a train trip, how fabulous, you'll have the best of both worlds! It's not that far from Penn Station, so the cab should not soak you.

Certainly you can take a bus, Lucy will help with the schedules, notice how I volunteer Lucy, bless her heart, she's been awfully good to us, our "woMAN in NYC!"

Remember also, that we're not as scheduled as some Gatherings are. If, say (let me pick on Andrea) Andrea schedules a Surprise Day (which she is) I doubt sincerely it  will run 12 hours long, I'm trying to say you can be FREE to be U and ME and schedule things on your own around our scheduled events if something grabs your thoughts,  too, isn't that right, Ann?

Pedln, we won't hear anything in the way of confirmation until June 15, which is a week from next Tuesday but we should hear then.

I am very excited to announce  that Joyce Pair, whom some of you know as Athena2, one of our excellent and long time Latin students,  is our co Reservations Manager for the trip and is helping us with her excellent FAX, stay tuned, we'll be right there on the money.

Things are really coming together, like they always do with our Gatherings,  I love it love it love it!

There is a subway stop up a half block on the corner and several drug stores, several restaurants, etc.  The subway stop is among other things, an Express.  After Lucy and I attended a concert, she put me on the right one in Times Square and it only stopped ONCE before letting me out at our stop, about 5 minutes.

And then there are the shows.

One of our group in 2008  asked a local whom she met somewhere (who WAS that? Fess up?) the best place to eat and she said you're practically staying  next door to the best Italian restaurant in the city, and so we were, and it's authentic Italian NYC, mom and  pop place, with plates of food enough for 6, mangia, mangia!! It was still there in December.

There's also a new Boston Market at the crossroads (or there was in December) and a  BarBQue place,   about 1/2 block up and a Dunkin Donuts is it? For take out breakfast and another sort of deli bakery,  and, as I said, a mega "drug" store, also. But you can't beat the Leo breakfasts for the price.

WhOOPEE!

Lucylibr

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 11:36:55 PM »
Boston Market is on 8th Avenue near West 23rd and very good.  Across the street from there next door to the movie theater is a new burger place called Lucky's and very good--burgers, veggie and chicken as well--very reasonably priced and nicely served.  I have been there a couple of times.

Near the new WTC memorial museum is also Century 21, the shopping Mecca where many tour buses stop.  It's near the new buildings for the memorial.  I would be happy to take anyone there.

The tour buses are generally hop on, hop off, so they are a convenient way to see the city.

I want to try that breakfast at Leo House, which I have never done.

JoanR

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 08:43:26 AM »
The Leo House breakfast is excellent!  I think they don't do it on Sundays.  That is probably the reason that during our last stay at the Leo House , my sister and I on Sunday went west along the block and across 9th ave. to the diner there.  Breakfast was very good and the service was friendly - always a plus!

The Leo House isn't very far from Penn Station.  I went out the 7th Ave. exit (it's near 31st street)when I arrived and walked down 7th Avenue to 23rd st. - all short blocks - made a right on 23rd, walked a longish block and a half to the Leo.  One could also do that by bus - no need for a taxi.

That walk took me past the Hotel Chelsea on 23rd st.which is famous for the great number of writers, artists and musicians who have stayed there.  They say that it''s the only NY landmark acclaimed for both architectural and historical interest.  I went into the lobby just for the heck of it and it sure is "different"!

Zulema

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »
Hello, everyone!

Eloise, I am delighted I'll see you and Françoise again.  Montreal and Quebec were a fantastic experience with the group.  

City buses do not take paper money, this throws off so many visitors.  Seniors need quarters or dimes, because they pay half-fare ($1.10 right now) and there is no time to get a Senior Metro-Card for a short visit.  Under-65's, like Françoise, travel much easier with a Metro-Card, which one can buy in any subway station.  Also, in the subway, Seniors who show a Medicare card, can buy, at the manned booth, a single ride Metro-Card and get a RETURN SLIP, but you can get those only one at a time.  The RETURN SLIP is good on buses or manned subway stations.

I e-mailed Ado Annie for Wednesday at Fraunces Tavern to be counted in.  Thursday I won't be around.  9/11 is big in Lower Manhattan but should not affect the cruise.  Lucy puts me to shame but I am not a planner.  What would we do without the planners though?

Lucylibr

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 01:12:44 PM »
My experience was that breakfast is not served at Leo House on Sundays. I went there for it but Ginny and I ended up going to Dunkin Donut instead.  Lucy/color]

JoanR

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2010, 03:29:22 PM »
I hope the diner is still around since Dunkin' Donuts doesn't serve Wheaties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Familiar faces and voices are making my day here.  Eloise and Francoise plus Zulema plus JoanR plus plus plus.  So I think I had better plan on putting up a printable map for getting to the Fraunces Museum.  We have always used the subway for getting almost everywhere we go.  We use a Metro Card which if I remember correctly you can purchase from a machine.

Lucy, I am really looking forward to the cruise and I would prefer the one with someone telling what I am looking at.  We can always go somewhere for food after our cruise.

Last time we traveled together, we paid the person in charge ahead of time for our planned day.  For day 1, its not needed to pay me for the Museum as you can do that yourself when you get there.  And the restaurant is the same.

But, Lucy, do you want or need to collect upfront for Thursday?

JoanR, will your sister be joining you at the Leo again?

Well, this is going swimmingly!!

Bow_Belle

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 06:01:47 AM »
Hi everyone!

I have been reading all your entries. It sure sounds like fun! This is my first time in New York!

so looking forward to going to the Fraunces Tavern. Great to be with people with local knowledge.

I am in Ginny's 104 Latin Class and am from UK

Regards

Gay Hector

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 06:53:15 AM »
Hi Gay,
So glad you are joining us in NYC.  Will you be there for first day of fun and joining us for the Fraunces Museum at 3pm??  Please email me so I can put you on my list for Sept 8th.  This is going to be fun with some new folks joining us.  We are so excited.

Bow_Belle

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »
Hi ADOANNIE

My flight is due to arrive at Newark at 13.20 so depending on how long it takes me to clear customs and travel to the Hotel to check in it may be nearer to 5.p.m before i arrive at the Fraunces Tavern. Please book me for dinner.

Regards

Gay Hector

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 07:38:04 AM »
We are looking forward to seeing you at The Fraunces Restaurant on Sept 8th.  Thanks for adding your name to the growing list of attendees.