General Book Discussions & More > Author's Corner

Authors Corner - a place for authors to let us know about recent endeavors

(1/3) > >>

JoanP:

Are you writing or have you just published a book? Or have you just written a meaningful or humorous article for a publication?

We would like to hear about your experience with writing and publishing.

We love all genres--fiction, non-fiction, science, poems, essays.

We'd love to hear about your journey of getting your work published.

Did you get to market through one of the big publishing houses? Did you self-publish?

Please feel free to tell us about your works and how you came to this world of books.

Questions? Contact: Ann

ANNIE:
Welcome authors!  Please join us!
Are you a writer? Have you recently been published? We would love to hear about your endeavors in the field of writing and have opened this new site just for you to post about your experiences.  

ANNIE:
I received this from Mary Alice Monroe today.  She was the author who visited us on the Isle of Palms in 2005 and introduced us to the rescued turtles in Charleston Aquarium.  We have enjoyed reading many of her books.

Dear Reader,

It's been two years since I've been on book tour to celebrate the release of a new novel. I'm eagerly awaiting the big moment!

The Butterfly's Daughter goes on sale May 3, at which time I hit the road for a five-week adventure that will lead me to big cities and charming small towns-- Chicago and Sumter, SC. Dallas and Monroe, NC. Kansas City and Amelia Island, Fl. Those are just some of the places I'll be visiting for luncheons, breakfasts, and "butterfly teas" that are planned for book tour. Please check my website to see the complete list of book tour events. Meeting with readers is the joy of every book tour for me. I've had some of the most delightful conversations and made lifelong friendships. So, please come out to an event to say hello and support your local bookseller. We will have a great time!

This upcoming book tour is also a personal mission as well. The phenomenal migratory monarch butterfly is the backdrop of The Butterfly's Daughter. But winter storms in 2009 devastated the monarch population. To help bring back the monarch, I am handing out 10,000 milkweed seeds. It's the only food source for monarch caterpillars. By simply planting it in your yard, you will help make a difference. I'll have seed packets with simple planting instructions for all my readers at the book tour events. I can also mail you a free seed packet. Just send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 7 2nd Avenue, Isle of Palms, SC 29451.

Here's another fun freebie to tell you about. I'm giving away an autographed copy of The Butterfly's Daughter to one lucky winner, every week during the month of May on my website www.maryalicemonroe.com. Click on the "News" tab for details. I'm also doing a book giveaway on my Facebook fan page.

While I'm on book tour, I will continue posting weekly blogs with photos. You'll be able to follow this and stay up-to-date on events and all details related to my novels on Facebook and Twitter.

I look forward to hearing from you and talking books and butterflies!

ANNIE:
Here's a brief note of thanks from Mary Alice Monroe.

"Dear Ann,
Thank you for your letter.  How nice of you to announce the book on Authors Corner.  I'm grateful!  If anyone is interested in butterflies or books or wants seeds, please have them visit my website!
Best,
Mary Alice

http://www.maryalicemonroe.com/

nlhome:
What an interesting site Ms. Monroe has. Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version