New to this site? > Technophobe Reader

The Technophobe Reader - Technology Help

(1/199) > >>

BooksAdmin:

Welcome to The Technophobe Reader

Confused about Ihpones, Ipods, Ipads, Itouch, Androids, or anything else electronic? Don't know what a "text" message is? Don't have a Nook or a Kindle and don't know the benefits of an e reader?   Feel left out of the rush of the new technology and wonder  what all the shouting is about?

Have a new Iphone,  Ipod, Ipad, Nook, Kindle,  or I headache or are considering same?

Ask your question here! Other sufferers may be able to direct you to a source for help or help with their own experience.

This discussion has no "expert" moderator, we  offer here no professional advice but we may be able to answer out of our own experience, like the cartoon above, the blind leading the blind, :)  or list places you CAN find help.

ginny:
Welcome to The Technophobe Reader!

Here you can ask those questions you feel hesitant to express in public, perhaps,  and get some advice from fellow readers, based on their own experiences.  That's all we can guarantee,  and  the result may be what you see in the elephant cartoon in the heading hahaa,  but we can at least join you in addressing the truly dizzying brave new world of technology we find ourselves in,  and give excellent links to safe sites which may help,   and even phone numbers for any I product which may help.

Here it's ok to ask "what IS a text message." Nobody will laugh.  We're all in this  together, so feel free to ask what an I Phone is or I Pad or the difference in an I Pad and an I Touch or why you want any I at all. :)

How about the Nook, the Kindle, any e reader? What are the advantages or lack of same, why does anybody even want one? Can you do email and surf the internet with the new color Nook? The Kindle?

We're in a changing world. We keep hearing about these things, what's wrong with our old phones, why do we even WANT any of this stuff?

Feel free to ask and if somebody can answer they'll be here.

Welcome, this is our discussion for those who wonder what all  the shoutin' is about.

Feel free to ask!

maryz:
ginny, aren't you wonderful?!  And I've just gotten a question this morning.  I got a smart phone (Verizon Droid X) a couple of months ago.  It synched up great with my Kindle, and I could read from the Kindle on it. 

A couple of weeks ago, my Droid died, and Verizon replaced it.  I've gotten most of the stuff back on it - at least what I could remember.  Today, I tried to read from the Kindle on it, and it wouldn't synch to my book list.  It recognizes that I have a Kindle, and signs me up, but that's all.

I haven't checked with amazon or Verizon online yet - I was going to do that when I finished my regular internet rounds.  And then I saw that you were here waiting for me!  ::) 

Help?!?!

ginny:
haha I've put out a call in the Library but till people get used to looking in, you are eons ahead of me, I can tell you that.

Verizon here says if you will dial *611 (that's a star 611) on your phone Verizon will be able to diagnose your phone and fix it and if they can't they will then transfer you to somebody who can help with your specific problem.

Is this any help?

Or you can call it "tadpole"  as in the heading and I want to hear more about the Droid, every techie who comes out here absolutely loves it.

maryz:
Thanks, ginny.  I'll check out the sites to be sure, and then I'll try the *611.  I just bought the "Old Filth" book and it asked me if I wanted it on my Kindle, my DroidX or my second Droid X.  I didn't see an option that I could pick two of them.  I'll press on to try to do this myself....before I give up and run screaming to the store.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version