Archives & Readers' Guides > Old Discussions

The Library

(1/217) > >>

ClassicsAdmin:

The Library

Our library cafe is open 24/7, the welcome mat always out.
Do come in and join us.

We look forward to hearing from you, about you and the books you are enjoying (or not) right now.

Let the book talk begin here!

Everyone is welcome!

JoanP:
Isn't this grand!  A cosy place to call our very own - where you might drop in whenever you please and meet folks from all over the world and recognize familiar voices too.

It's such a busy time of year with not much time to sit down quietly with a good book.  I've several on my wish list I hope to  read in the coming year, among them,  the international bestseller, The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery.   Have you heard anything about it? What's  on your list?

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you.  I've missed you and this gathering place.

ginny:
Welcome,  Readers, and Book Lovers, you've come to the right place!

Let's talk all things books here.

I've just finished Nelson DeMille's new one The Gate House, and to read it, since it's a sequel I also read again his Gold Coast , which remains fabulous. Not so the Gate House,  he spends too much time rehashing The Gold Coast. So if you're going to read the Gate House you really don't need to read the Gold Coast which is just a fabulous book, but the Gate House does not live up to its promise.

I've got the new PD James and so far it's excellent, just wonderful.

Welcome home, it's so good to have our  Books back!

PS: One super thing about this site is that when you post a note, as you're writing you can see ALL the posts which went before!!!!

LOVE it!

What's in YOUR wallet....er.. on your bedside table?

Welcome!

Babi:
Oh, goody!  It's so wonderful to be back in touch with at least some of the SN  gang.  I like your 'library' idea, Ginny.  I'm mostly doing light reading just now. Too much else on my mind to get very serious.

Hurrayay for you precious people for coming to our rescue!

Babi

JoanK:
Oh, goody, goody!! It's great to "see" my friends again!!!

I've mostly been reading mystery stories, and feel my brain is turning to mush. I need you guys to keep me on my toes (figuratively, not literally).

Would the book you mentioned make a good discussion, Ginny?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version