New to this site? > Remembrances

In Memory of Gumtree

(1/5) > >>

JoanP:

In Loving Memory of our Australian "Gumtree"
So far away and yet always  so near...
So it has been and so will it ever be, dear Gum.

Gumtree

(Joyce Levitzke)
  Long time SeniorLearner and dear friend to many.
Gumtree's own Profile as submitted to SeniorLearn

JoanP:
Such surprising sad news this morning - the loss of our dear friend from Perth.  Such a far-away place, and yet we all came to think of Gum as a close neighbor, a friend .  It was somehow reassuring to learn that she passed away suddenly on October 7; her last post here was on October 6.  Don't  we all wish for such a peaceful passing?

This will be especially difficult for her family.  They might appreciate hearing just how much their loved one meant to so many of  us, here on SeniorLearn.  

waafer:
I was so sorry to read of the passing of Gumtree and to her family send my condolences.  We lived at far away points on this continent but although I had emailed her at times I did not know her surname and was disturbed not to see a post from her somewhere as she posted in several sites.  She departed in the way we would all like .  I know she did many good works in Western Australia.  Junee

roshanarose:
I have encountered many great and learned people, but none such as our dear Gum.  In "author, author" all knew that Gum would have the answer up her sleeve, but would not always reveal it, wanting to see who got it first, just to be fair.  A patient teacher, always humble, and a good friend.

I shall miss you my fellow Australian.  I always looked forward to reading your posts and appreciated your Australian sense of humour.  You were the only one who could calm me with just a word.  My tears are for our and your family's loss.  

Wherever you go we are with you in spirit.

Always
roshanarose

For our mate, Gumtree

Egrets  

Once as I travelled through a quiet evening,
I saw a pool, jet-black and mirror-still.
Beyond, the slender paperbarks stood crowding;
each on its own white image looked its fill,
and nothing moved but thirty egrets wading -
thirty egrets in a quiet evening.

Once in a lifetime, lovely past believing,
your lucky eyes may light on such a pool.
As though for many years I had been waiting,
I watched in silence, till my heart was full
of clear dark water, and white trees unmoving,
and, whiter yet, those thirty egrets wading.

Judith Wright

kiwilady:
Very shocked to read of the passing of Gumtree.

Rest In Peace Gumtree.

Carolyn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version