Author Topic: Name That Literary Element  (Read 7572 times)

ginny

• Administrator
Name That Literary Element
« on: June 28, 2009, 02:39:44 PM »

This game is totally cute. If you know your literary terms you will score big, if you don't, it's a fun way to learn and test yourself.

If you are not able to hear this, all you miss is a robot voice telling you what's on the screen and that most writers start out as readers and are aware of these elements.  At the end it will provide you with a "meaningful reward," hahahaa and tell you what you are! For those who need assistance finding out their rating,  we will report  the "labels" for the various scores here so you won't have to wonder. :)

You get to pick one or two players,  and the level you want to try. Choose "All Books," as it's geared to some courses otherwise or try them all.

As the definitions  flash across the screen in a box, when you see the word which matches what's in the box, click on it. You can let it run several times first.  That's it!

Happy Playing!  Let us know how you did and what your score meant.

Name That Literary  Element!

PatH

• BooksDL
Re: Name That Literary Element
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
Well, the game doesn't work as well on the Mac, but when I worked around the snags I turned out to be highly literate. Good thing, I'd hate to be here under false pretenses.

joangrimes

• Alabama
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 11:13:24 PM »
I tried the game too.  It worked very well for me  on a PC.  It rated me very literate .

Joan Grimes
Roll Tide ~ Winners of  BCS 2010 National Championship

ALF43

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 08:31:22 AM »
Well this says that I am highly literate, which is NOT true.  It's like looking in the magic 8 ball, ginny. ::)

It's been raining daily, except for yesterday, so I do feel highly literate as I've finished off 3 books this week.  However, THAT does not make me literate. 

Fun game!!!
Books are the bees which carry the quickening pollen from one to another mind.  ~James Russell Lowell

JudeS

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
Well I tried one of the games and was rated highly literate.  Since I tried the easiest one that doesn't tell me much.  The blinking lights are a bit scary but I'll go back and try again some time.

Thanks for finding another literary pursuit for us.

MarjV

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »
Wouldn't work for me - I think my computer needs rebooting but I'm off to bed to read.
Sounds fun.