Author Topic: Introductions...Please click here and tell us about YOU!  (Read 108000 times)

Fiattoday

Re: Introductions...Please click here and tell us about YOU!
« Reply #760 on: November 14, 2017, 12:17:16 AM »
Hello I am so excited I found this site it is just what I needed. I'm a 58 year old retired prison guard with lots of time on my hand besides running around picking up grand kids to and from school. I'm also a cradle catholic who remembers mass being celebrated in Latin. I have been attending Latin mass as often as I can but I'm still having difficulty learning it that is how I stumbled upon this site. I want to learn Latin so I won't have to use booklet during mass and can just listen and enjoy the beautiful word being prayed. Any advice from you is greatly appreciated

jane

• Administrator
  • Registrar for SL's Latin ..... living in NE Iowa
« Reply #761 on: November 14, 2017, 08:28:44 AM »
Hi, Fiattoday...
Welcome to SeniorLearn.  I will add you to my list to be notified when enrollment for Latin reopens next summer.  That email will come from janeiowaLatin@gmail.com

This year's classes are well underway.  I assume you’ve seen and read about our classes here.

http://www.seniorlearn.org/classics/courses/descriptions.html

In the meantime, look around our site and join in any of the discussions you see.

You can email me at the above email address if you have any questions about the Latin classes.  Please note that these are classes in Classic Latin, not Ecclesiastical Latin.

Jane

Jonathan

« Reply #762 on: November 15, 2017, 09:24:25 PM »
Welcome to SeniorLearn,  Fiattoday. Your strong feelings about the Catholic Latin Mass caught my imagination and brought back a curious memory. Four hundred years ago Henry of Navarre was offered the Crown of France if he would convert to Catholicism. Why not, he said, 'the Crown is worth a Mass'. And now you've turned it around by implying that a Mass is worth the Latin. God bless you.