New to this site? > Remembrances

In Memory of Pat Westerdale

(1/5) > >>

bellamarie:
In Loving Memory

Patricia Westerdale

Pat was an active member of SeniorNet and came to SeniorLearn where she used her technology skills to help Discussion Leaders make many, many headings and graphics.  She was one of a kind, one of our founding members of SeniorLearn, and will be tremendously missed by all.

Pat passed away on April 21, 2015.

She was  a partner with her beloved husband, Charlie, in the operation of their Illinois farm, and a loving Mother to her children and adoring Grandmother to her grandchildren.  She loved to travel both to SeniorLearn gatherings and to Europe, Scandanavia, China and Nepal.   She told of her travels with such a sparkle in her eye and a sense of humor that you didn't forget her adventures...whether it was whacking with her cane the back of the legs of  some teenage pickpockets at the Louvre, on the hood of an aggressive driver in Rome as she was crossing the street,  becoming acclimated to the high altitude as she traveled to Nepal, negotiating the Tube in London, or her tales of her "lead foot" when she was driving the latest of her Volvo cars that she'd gone to Sweden to get.

=========

My deepest condolences to Pat W.'s family.  I am so glad someone was able to contact our group to let us know of her passing.  

LarryHanna:
I am also saddened to learn of the death of Pat Westerdale.  I remember she and her husband at the Atlanta Bash that SeniorNet friends had in Atlanta.  She had this great twinkle in her eye.  I remember she was the sister-in-law of author John Jakes, if I remember correctly.

jane:
Yes, Larry, you remember correctly.  Her sister Rachel is married to the author.

jane:
Pat Westerdale was one of the best of God's creations.  She had a sparkle and wit about her that made you want to stay in her company. 

I knew her as a tireless worker behind the scenes at SeniorNet and here at SeniorLearn.  She loved technology, and she could spend hours making a graphic or an animation to meet the needs of the various discussion leaders.  She had the perseverance to spend whatever time was needed getting the job done.  From the things she said, it was apparent she had been an equal partner with her beloved husband, Charlie, on their western Illinois farm.

Pat and I met several times in person over the years.  We met with FairAnna when Anna was visiting in Iowa, and Pat picked me up and drove us to St. Paul to meet with Lorrie, another wonderful SL discussion leader.  The last time I saw Pat was when she and Charlie stopped in my little town to meet me for lunch as they headed to a family reunion in Minnesota. 

Rest in peace, Dear Friend!

jane

ALF43:
Pat  was and always will be one of my favorite people from my time with SeniorNet/Learn years.  I learned an incredible amount from her both in "tetchy" help and in life. She was a great listener and a wise old bird who never hesitated to chastise me , when needed.   She literally waved the cane at me that Jane spoke about during our DC TRIP. She had refused to allow me to push her around the Rotonda in a wheel chair. When she began to tire and perspire I insisted and asked a young man to fetch one for us while I sat with Pat. She was furious at me and starting shaking that cane in my face. I backed off, smiled & told the people witnessing this tirade that "I just got her released from the home " for the day and she was confused. Haha lol- she pouted for a half hour. We laughed about that for years.
As I've said there is not a soul on earth who loved her Lord, her family not her friends any greater than she did.
I have been blessed to be a part of her long life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version