Author Topic: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot ~ Oct Book Club Online  (Read 31394 times)

PatH

• BooksDL
Re: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot ~ Oct Book Club Online
« Reply #240 on: November 05, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »
Heading.

bellamarie

Re: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot ~ Oct Book Club Online
« Reply #241 on: November 05, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »
PatH.,  Thank you.  I'm glad you touched on Rebecca and her journey in writing this book.  She went far out of her comfort zone as you pointed out. I do like how she was willing to include the spiritual lives of the Lacks family members, and how it affected her own personal life.  She knows there was a bigger force out there and not sure if she was ready to admit it as we Christians do, but she did see, feel and know, there is something.  I thought it was bittersweet that Deborah died before ever getting to read the finished book.  But as she believed her mother Henrietta lives on, I too can see Deborah, Henrietta and Elsie reading it together in heaven.
“What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?...Was ever anything so civil?”
__Anthony Trollope, The Warden