Author Topic: PBS Masterpiece Mystery ~ Wallander  (Read 60344 times)

nlhome

Re: PBS Masterpiece Mystery!
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »

Six 90-minute mysteries — Sundays, June 21-July 26, 2009
"With grey cells firing and knitting needles clicking, Hercule Poirot (David Suchet) and Miss Marple (Julia McKenzie) star in Six by Agatha, a half-dozen whodunits by the greatest mystery author of all time, Agatha Christie." (PBS Masterpiece Mystery!)

Would you enjoy discussing these new PBS mysteries?  Reading the books adds a whole new dimension, as we learned reading Henning Mankell's novels.
We can send you a set of three of Agatha Christie's  novels just for the cost of the postage as the supply lasts. Thank you, for promoting reading, Masterpiece! Are you interested?

June 21, 2009 at 9pm
Hercule Poirot: Cat Among the Pigeons
Something is amiss at Meadowbank School for Girls, where hidden rubies, kidnapping, and murder disrupt the term.
June 28, 2009 at 9pm
Hercule Poirot: Mrs. McGinty's Dead
A man is about to hang for a brutal murder. But did he do it? After learning about 30-year-old homicides, Poirot concludes a ghost from the past has returned.
July 5, 2009 at 9pm
Miss Marple: A Pocket Full of Rye
A killer who seems obsessed with a nursery rhyme commits a string of murders. Miss Marple and a local detective (Matthew Macfadyen) join forces to investigate.
July 12, 2009 at 9pm
Miss Marple: Murder is Easy
Miss Marple investigates a string of "accidents" after a woman on a train tells her about murders in a local village. Benedict Cumberbatch co-stars.
July 19, 2009 at 9pm
Miss Marple: They Do it With Mirrors
During rehearsal for an amateur show a murder occurs, and Miss Marple must decipher the elaborate conjuring trick played by the killer. Joan Collins co-stars.
July 26, 2009 at 9pm
Miss Marple: Why Didn't They Ask Evans?
The last words of a dying man lead the sole witness and a socialite to investigate. Miss Marple joins them as they land in a hotbed of homicide and intrigue.

Babi

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2009, 09:17:05 AM »
  I've read every Agatha Christie I could find, and Miss Marple was definitely my favorite.  The new Miss Marple looks appropriate; I look forward with anticipation to seeing the new films.
"I go to books and to nature as a bee goes to the flower, for a nectar that I can make into my own honey."  John Burroughs

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
First, let me tell you that my husband really really enjoyed the TV Wallander series - and hasn't read the books.  He likes mysteries and couldn't stop talking about how well done the series was.  He had no trouble following the plot.

I'm wondering whether Masterpiece made the books available to enrich the enjoyment of the TV series - never dreaming that some readers would be comparing the two.  If that's the case, then I have to say that reading the books has helped me to understand the films better - answered the questions that I had when the films ended.  In that sense, reading the books and watching the films combined for quite and exciting and enjoyable experience. Thank you Masterpiece, for introducing us to the Wallander series and Henning Mankell's work.

(I'm not going to mention the nightmare I had three nights ago - involving a corpse.  Bruce said this was due to the Wallander immersion.)

My quibbling is personal - directed to the adapters who wrote the screenplay.  Why the changes to Mankell's already excellent writing? To improve the suspense?  Honestly!  JoanR points out an excellent example.  In the film, Wallander has stained his shirt  with coffee. By the way, Wallander makes a funny comment in the book on the detectives' coffee consumption which we had noted earlier here...
"Police work wouldn't be possible without coffee,"  says Wallander.  " No work would be possible without coffee." One Step Behind -
 (I agree!)

In the film, Wallander asks the long time secretary or assistant, Ebba, to go to his apartment to get him a clean shirt.  She heads out - not knowing of course that the killer is in the apartment, with an itchy trigger finger.  For some reason, the adapters thought they'd send Wallander's daughter, Linda for the shirt.  Why do that?  That's the kind of editing that I have objected to all along, JoanR!

There were so many marvelous things about the film series, but why such changes on Mankell's work?  Unless of course, Mankell had something to say about it?  Maybe he worked with the adapters to improve on his own story?  What do you think?
Nan, that's an interesting explanation for the differences between the books and the films.  It was intentional?  Hmmm.  I'm going to have to rethink this!  Read on and let us know what you think.

Babi, stay tuned for more exciting news  on the upcoming Agatha Christie series!

marcie

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2009, 05:46:35 PM »
spoiler alert

The writers would have to make some changes in order to adapt the long book into a 90 minute format. I would think that would mean they would not include  all of the characters in the book, such as the receptionist. In the book, nothing came of the receptionist going for the clean shirt but, in the TV episode, it puts Linda in danger. The scene with the murderer holding Linda hostage was not in the book and it is a MAJOR change. I don't know why they made such a big change.

Frybabe

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »
I've finished Side-tracked. Very interesting. The epilogue made a nice ending on an happier note.

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »
Frybabe, I liked the Epilogues too - tied up loose ends - especially in One Step Behind where they really needed tying.

What did you think after reading Sidetracked?  Did it answer questions - especially about Stefan Fredman?  I really missed a lot in the film.  Maybe I just need to be able to go back and reread pages!

Frybabe

« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »
JoanP, I really think that I need to rewatch Side-Tracked since I read the book. There are a lot of details that were missing in the film and a few I want to double check. For instance, I thought that the Fredman family lived out in a wooded area, not in a flat in town. I thought his basement hideaway was part of his home, not elsewhere. I don't remember anything said about the mental hospital in the film and especially not his gruesome little ritual outside of said establishment. The book made no mention that Wallander ever saw the diary, but he did in the film. Lots of differences.  Having said all that, I liked both.

Pat

• US 34, IL
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
PBS Masterpiece Mystery!

A habit acquired and nurtured by this discussion.

So last night I watched

"Foyle's War: Broken Souls," about a doctor's murder.

The plot had a real surprise ending.

I'll be waiting for  Agatha Christy.  (Used books by her sell first at our used book sale)

EvelynMC

« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
I finished "One Step Behind" yesterday afternoon.  It was very good, riveting, and once again I could barely put it down.  I enjoyed the books much more than the films. I found the films very confusing. They changed the story lines so much and seemed to jump abruptly from scene to scene. The books were very understandable and moved along quite smoothly. I cannot remember when I have enjoyed reading such suspenseful mysteries as much as these. --- Our library does not have any Henning Mankell books so if I want to read more, I'll have to buy them.

I'm looking forward to the Agatha Christie series.  I always enjoy reading or listening to her books.

Evelyn

marcie

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »
Thinking back on the Wallander TV episodes (I only watched each episode one time), what I remember and like the best is:

-- the way that Branagh plays Wallander. He is a very good detective. He has some personal flaws but he cares about the people he comes across in his cases.

--the relationship Wallander has with his daughter. I really like the actress who depicts her and the chemistry between them.

--the photography was fantastic.

-- the stories were good and, even though there were some gruesome murders, the depiction of the crime scenes were done well, without over-the-top violence and gore.

Pat

• US 34, IL
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
All considered, I'll give the Wallander series 4.5 stars.
When I read the books, I might change -- but, like Marcie, I thought the Photography was good, and I liked Branagh.

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
Frybabe, I can remember how the lights went on - once I read Sidetracked.  I really had very little idea of what went on with Stefan Fredman and his sister.  I don't think he "rescued"  Louise, his sister, from the  institution - and she died in the TV series, was it? Was he planting the scalps under her window in the institution?  

I agree with you, Marcie. The most gruesome murders were quickly depicted and not dwelt on - thank goodness!

Evelyn, I'm glad you said that - I thought it was me - I had trouble  keeping up with the action too, but maybe that was a way to keep the suspense high at all times.

Frybabe, I can't wait until  you read the other two.  Even though the Firewall episode aired second, I recommend that you read One Step Behind next.

Pat, I bet you give the books a 5.0!
 I too am missing Wallander.  I hear they are filming more of the books.  I missed Foyle's War on Sunday.

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2009, 10:43:51 PM »
Here's the schedule for PBS Masterpiece Agatha Christie series -

June 21-28, 2009
Hercule Poirot: Series IX
David Suchet reprises his role as suave Hercule Poirot in two new episodes. Suchet's varied roles have included financier Augustus Melmotte in Masterpiece's The Way We Live Now and Cardinal Wolsey in Henry VIII. He was recently seen in the feature film The Bank Job.

July 5-26, 2009
Miss Marple: Series IV
One of Agatha Christie's signature characters returns to the schedule, with Julia McKenzie taking over the role of spinster sleuth Miss Marple in three new episodes. McKenzie is familiar to Masterpiece fans for her recent performance in Cranford as Mrs. Forrester, the sprightly widow devoted to her cow.

Masterpiece is making sets of these books available to SeniorLearn - yours for the shipping.  I'm not sure which titles yet - I know there are four books.  If you are interested, let us know.

marcie

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2009, 11:37:15 PM »
Joan, I'd love a set of books and look forward to the discussion of the two series.

Mippy

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2009, 06:44:29 AM »
JoanP ~ If you have run out of sets of the Wallender books, I'd be willing to give up the ones you sent to me and mail them to someone else who is waiting.   They were very good, but I'll not be likely to re-read them.   Please email or post here if you need them.

I also missed Foyle's War last Sunday, and last night it was not up on the PBS Video web site.
quot libros, quam breve tempus

Frybabe

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2009, 08:39:34 AM »
Count me in Joan, I would love to participate and receive the book sets. I particularly like to watch Poirot. I read several Poirot stories years ago and one or two Miss Marple. While I enjoyed reading Miss Marple better than the Poirot, I like watching Poirot better than Miss Marple. Strange. Maybe we can come to a reason for that in our discussion.

JoanK

• BooksDL
« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2009, 04:39:37 PM »

I would like the Christies. My copies are either lost or falling apart. Those are all good Christies -- among her best. Why not -- with 50 or 60 books to choose from, why shouldn't they pick the best. Some of them haven't been done for awhile.

my daughter and I were just laughing about how critical I am of those who play Miss Marple. Margeret Rutherford and Angela Lansbury were BAD (although great in other roles). Most people looved Joan Hickson, but I could never understand what she was saying. She mumbled and talked in a low voice, and I couldn't make it out. Added to the fact that the films were very dark, and I could never see what was going on, those were pretty much a loss for me.

The last one they did (I forget her name -- was it Geraldine Brooks?) was much closer (although she tried too hard to "twinkle".

My favorite Miss Marple of all time was Helen Hayes. She did two, many years ago-- I used to have them on tape -- I'll have to look for them.

Poirot must be aalmost impossible to play. Suchet was certainly the best. I guess I'm more foregiving because Poirot  is such a characture.

Frybabe

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »
The only other Poirot I ever remember seeing was Peter Ustinov. Suchet has pretty much cornered the market. And whatever happened to the guy that played Hastings? It seems to me that the last couple of Poirots I saw he was missing.

Starting on the next Wallander tonight, One Step Behind.

PS: just went a googling to find out what happened to Hugh Fraser. He is still around and is doing a voice bit in a movie coming up in 2010 (forget the name). He must be a very private person. I can't find any info on him other than he is the son-in-law of Jeremy Hawk and married to Belinda Ling. No age, no bio except for his filmography.

EvelynMC

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »
JoanP - I would love to receive a set of the books.  It is so nice of Masterpiece to offer us (SeniorLearn) these free books.

I listened to a Poirot mystery on audio books narrated by Hugh Fraser. I get a bang out of him when he says "I say" in that distinctive way of his.

Our library has new CD's of different Agatha Christie mysteries, and I have been listening to them on and off. But there is nothing like curling up with a good book.

Evelyn

marcie

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2009, 08:37:26 PM »
LOL, Evelyn. Thanks for reminding me of Hugh Fraser's "I say!" I can still hear him.

Everyone, there is a listing of the two Poirot episodes and the four Miss Marple episodes at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/christie/index.html

Two of the Miss Marples are stories I'm familiar with through previous TV productions: "A Pocketfull of Rye" and "They Do It With Mirrors."

It looks like "Murder is Easy" is a TV adaptation of a book by Agatha Christie that didn't have Miss Marple in it. A wikipedia entry on the TV production says "It deviates significantly from the novel by removing, adding, and changing characters [including adding Miss Marple!], adding subplots, and changing the murderer's motives."

I think that the book, "Why Didn't They Ask Evans?" (originally called the Boomerang Clue), didn't originally have Miss Marple in it either.

Hopefully, we'll enjoy these additions and variations!

pedln

• BooksDL
  • SE Missouri
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »
JoanK, "twinkle" -- I love that.  I liked her (Geraldine McEwan) too, and also Joan Hickson.

The last one they did (I forget her name -- was it Geraldine Brooks?) was much closer (although she tried too hard to "twinkle".

Marcie, that list is interesting.  I just finished watching Margaret Rutherford in Murder Most Foul -- "a mystery inspired by Mrs. McGinty's Dead."  It was a most foul production.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it's done with Poirot/Suchet.

Now I just hope I can get these shows taped without mess-ups while I'm out of town.  Our PBS station seems to have connection problems whenever there's weather most foul.

Regarding Poirot -- I thought Albert Finney did a great job in Murder on the Orient Express.

pedln

• BooksDL
  • SE Missouri
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »
I missed the Foyle's War -- was it a new one?  I think I've seen just about all of them.  Our library has them all up to series four or five.

After reading all your comments, I"m really looking forward to reading the Wallendar books.

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2009, 11:19:26 AM »
Pedln, in our area, the first episode (Broken Souls) of Foyle's War - (I missed it too) will be shown again this coming Sunday - at 9pm, followed by the second episode (All's Clear) after that. (I'll be asleep!)  I think they are new , Pedln.  You might want to check your local schedule.  Maybe they'll do this in your area too -   Foyle's War episodes

Frybabe
- prepare to meet a pitiable Wallander in One Step Behind!  Honestly, I don't know how he got through his days.  We'll remain open to all Wallander comments as you finish the books.

Mippy, that is   generous of you.  I have one more set on my dining room table, but will keep in mind if anyone is interested in yours.  Maybe we can do the same thing if we run out of the Christie books - pass them around.  I still don't know what the four titles are - my contact at Masterpiece didn't know!  But they are four of the six described above.

Evelyn, I see your order.  I think I have your address. 

May I ask you all to  send me your addresses (and real names) again, so I'll have them all in one place for the Agatha Christie books?  Thanks!

EvelynMC

« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2009, 12:00:32 PM »
JoanP,

I will send you my address today.

Evelyn

Frybabe

« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
Joan, do you still have my address from the Wallander series?

Margie

JudeS

« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2009, 08:00:17 PM »
Wow I just wandered onto this site.  Sort of like meandering through the woods and coming across a wild raberry bush.

I have seen all of Foyles War Videos-Loved the series.
Wallander- Well I just saw what appeared to be the last in a series.  When you enter at the end point It didn't have any impact on me even though Kenneth Branagh is a great actor. I had never heard of the author either. Be happy to give the books a try though as I am a voracious reader (known as Bookie Monster)

I pepper my serious reading with mysteries so that my brain doesn't get too overwhelmed with important ideas.

Agatha Christie was one of the first "Adult Writers" I read when I was about eleven.  I even remember the book and the plot_Ten Little Indians.

How do we send you our addresses?

marcie

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:02 PM »
Welcome to this discussion, Jude. We should have a great time talking about the Agatha Christie mysteries.

To request a set of the Christie books email your name and mailing address to JoanP. Her email address, jonkie@verizon.net, is in the "Contact" link at the bottom of the "heading" in the first post on each page of this discussion.

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
Jude, as Marcie says, email me your name (real name) and address and I'll send you the books...but I thought you were asking for the Wallander books -

Wallander- Well I just saw what appeared to be the last in a series.  When you enter at the end point It didn't have any impact on me even though Kenneth Branagh is a great actor. I had never heard of the author either. Be happy to give the books a try

When you email your address, tell me which set interests you - or both?
The Christies might arrive here as early as tomorrow.

Frybabe

« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
Having finished Side-Tracked just a few days ago, I was horrified to see that some @#&!#@** killed at least 20 cats in Florida somewhere and partially skinned them. I hope they catch the "blankity-blank". Some of the folks down there are afraid this "person" will eventually start in on people.

Babi

« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2009, 09:06:53 AM »
PEDLN, it looked to me like the Foyle shows were re-runs. I don't think they made any new ones. They were so good, tho'.

Joan, I considered asking you for a set of the Christie's, since thought I've read as many of them as I could find, I don't have any copies.  However, I did a quick check with my library, and since they list 174 copies of Christie books, I think I'm covered.  :o  :)
"I go to books and to nature as a bee goes to the flower, for a nectar that I can make into my own honey."  John Burroughs

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2009, 11:39:29 AM »
Frybabe, a chilling thought!  You've been reading too much Mankell, too!  (Yes, I think there can be too much of a good thing - in this case.)

Thanks for the information on Foyle's War, Babi - I was unable to find out the year this series was filmed.  I wish I knew the titles of the four books - will know that any day now.  Let me know if your library carries  all of the titles in the heading...
I must say I'm enjoying reading the books and watching the films together!

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »
This looks fabulous, a new  actress playing  Jane Marple! AND are there new Poirot episodes too?

I've read all of Agatha Christie's books. I  once signed up for (you may remember how these series used to go, you get one free and find yourself indebted for the entire series), but it was worth it to me: she wrote more than mysteries.  I love her two autobiographies, one of which starts out hilariously with "Modom," as the shop keeper calls her,  trying to find something for the hot sun  in plus sizes to go on a dig with her new archaeologist husband, Max Mallowan. Anybody who is not stick thin and is of a certain age who  has tried to find something nice to wear for hot climates can relate, it's hilarious.

That was such a match. Her former husband, Major? not sure Christie was a rotter but she made a perfect match in archaeologist  Mallowan. She often laughed that it was his love of "old things" which made him attracted to her. She had no pretensions, she'd sit on a dig under a tent with her old manual typewriter wherever they were and write her books.

But that one scene in the dress shop in "Come, Tell Me How You Live," is worth the entire book which does not disappoint in any way.

Christie very much disliked Margaret Rutherford's portrayal of Jane Marple,  but she did like Joan Hickson's, and in a former PBS outing Hickson read a letter from her saying she would write a new book for her, alas that was not to be. Hickson in her 80's stooped making the Miss Marples as she said she didn't want to be "typecast." hhaaaa  I prefer Hickson,myself.  To me, she IS Miss Marple and Geraldine McEwan's last effort did not quite work: she will always be Lucia of EF Benson's Mapp and Lucia novels,  to me.

I sure do like the look of this new Miss Marple however, how exciting! Hopefully the PBS show will stick to (as Pedln says) the plot.

David Suchet and his sidekick (who has a lucrative business in audio books reading the Christie books: he's GOOD,  and he's got David Suchet almost better than David Suchet) are perfect in those parts,  to me.

AND as if all this is not topical, there's a brand new DVD out on Agatha Christie's  Gardens at her home, I've got it but haven't seen it yet, but it looks sumptuous.

This is going to be a great addition to our  Books!!! Thank you for bringing it to us, Pearson!

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »
Here's an interesting web site - all about the different Miss Marples - and an interesting little poll for your favorite, Poirot or Miss Marple. (Look to the far right of your screen.) I think you will be surprised at the result -

Just after returning from shipping the last of the Mankell books to Jude, UPS dropped off a big box of Agatha Christie.  For some reason, a "mystery" according to our friends at Masterpiece, the shipment included three, not four novels per set.  "The Case of the Missing Christie."
But hey, this is a very nice set.  
I'll try to get these sent off tomorrow so you have plenty of time to get ready for the first series to be aired on June 21. Here are the titles just received -

- (also called - "Murder With Mirrors." - thanks, Marcie!)

Let me know if you would like a set -

marcie

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: June 12, 2009, 12:43:55 PM »
We'll, It's fun to have our own mystery here. I've emailed you, Joan.

In case anyone is looking on their bookshelves or elsewhere for one of the Miss Marple mysteries, I found that the book, "They Do It With Mirrors," was also called "Murder With Mirrors."

isak

« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »
re: A C  not liking M Rutherford's  Miss Marple...
Sorry to be a dissenter, but I thought she  (Rutherford) was hilarious - especially for way back then - and I really liked Mr. Stringer her sidekick.

isak

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2009, 07:38:26 PM »
Oh and it's got the interview with Joan Hickson which mentions (sorry Isak and welcome) that Agatha  Christie did not quite see Rutherford in the part.

I love that website! :)

JudeS

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2009, 12:39:44 AM »
I wrote to Joan mentioning that "Ten Little Indians" which is known now as "Then There Were None" has sold 100 Million copies and is the seventh world wide seller of ALL TIME ! I don't think there is a language left in the world that hasn't translated her books.

How did she get it just right?

Personally I know that if I start one of her books I have to finish it as soon as possible i.e. sleep and other important duties fade under her charm.

Another book translated into innumerable languages  is Harry Potter.  When I went to China I remember seeing it on the shelves of every  grocery and drug store the tour bus stopped at. I remember thinking Harry Potter in Chinese. How does it sound? 

JoanK

• BooksDL
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
JoanP: I have to have the Christies (if you aren't out) for that forth book! I'll send you a message in Senoiurlearn, in case you've lost my address. Since I owe you postage for Mankell, is it oK if I send one check (for $9?)?

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2009, 08:18:57 PM »
A reminder to those who missed the first episode of Foyle's War last Sunday.  In most places - the first episode (Broken Souls) of Foyle's War will be shown again tomorrow night - at 9pm, followed by the second episode (All's Clear) after that.  I hope you can stay up for it.  It will rebroadcast during the week, I'm sure.  

Isak - it is good to hear a new voice in our midst!  Welcome!  Don't you wonder what Agatha Christie would have thought of the new Miss Marple, Julia McKenzie - can she out Marple Margaret Rutherford, do you think?

Jude, it is amazing that AC managed to "get it right" over and over again. Which was her last book, does anyone know?  Ginny?  She must have loved what she was doing!

JoanK, I'm not too sure we have "the fourth book" to which you refer.  Do you mean the fouth book installment that will air - on July 12 -  Murder is Easy?    I'm afraid we don't have that one in the set either.  See if you can use any of these - The sets we  have -

I'm off to Disney with 7 little grandchildren for a week starting next Sunday and won't be here for the first installment of the Agatha Christie mysteries.  Babi has graciously agreed to step in as your contact in this discussion - many of you know her love of mysteries.   Thank you, Babi!

Mippy

« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2009, 06:47:32 AM »
JoanP  ~ Enjoy the grandchildren!   You sure have more energy than I do!   Just one at a time is plenty of sleep-deprivation for me, over the past 2 months, but I love it anyway!

I contacted Frances by email directly, so don't worry about it ... I'll mail books to her!
quot libros, quam breve tempus