Author Topic: Talking Heads ~ Twitter  (Read 20302 times)

Babi

Re: Talking Heads ~ Twitter
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2009, 08:28:09 AM »
STEPH, I don't know how 'new' Zetia is; I've been taking it for about 3-4 years.
It's the only anti-cholesterol med I can tolerate.  The statins caused me some
terrible problems.  The Zetia has never done me any harm at all.  You may find it works beautifully for your husband, too.
"I go to books and to nature as a bee goes to the flower, for a nectar that I can make into my own honey."  John Burroughs

Mippy

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2009, 08:46:44 AM »
Ginny ~  I'm glad to hear you are thinking about joining Facebook.
However, do beware, as I have learned, that not all invitations reflect "friendship"
even though people are saying to you: let's be friends.   I've been hit by at least one
invitation which is for fund-raising, not a friendship at all.

The "refuse" key/function does work, everyone.  If you try Facebook, as I've recently done, you can use it to keep in touch with family, and refuse all the misc. invitations.
quot libros, quam breve tempus

Steph

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2009, 07:45:45 AM »
I never say yes in Facebook to strangers except for my genealogy site.. In that case, we are digging into upstate New York together and dont really exchange any information that is current.
I love keeping up with old neighbors, classmates, etc. Great fun.
Stephanie and assorted corgi

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »
We really appreciate all the great input here into  Twittering hahahaa and I guess I don't have to tell you what the cover story is today in USA Today? That's right, Twitter!

However it's time to move on! Watch this space avidly for a new topic, coming soon!

Babi

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »
Related comment...something I just read in Carol Goodman's book, "The Night Villa".  She remarks on the disadvantage to the younger generation of being so constantly and instantly accessible.  She says there is no excuse for not calling back, and no time off to 'cool down'.   Cool down time is very important.
Fortunately, if one is angry, no excuse is needed not to respond.
"I go to books and to nature as a bee goes to the flower, for a nectar that I can make into my own honey."  John Burroughs

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »
Our new topic, Topic #6, is Health Care Reform, a subject that everybody is talking about. Have you read the new (June 10, 2009) article in Newsweek on it? Did you know the ways in which YOU may be affected by new reform?

Join us here:

http://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php?topic=606.msg25590#msg25590

and let's discuss what's wrong and what needs to be fixed. If you are in another country tell us how yours works!

Thank you for this wonderful discussion. Babi, we will do the Vets yet, there are so many things there we need to know about!

See you over in Health Care Reform: 7 Ways this will affect YOU!