Archives & Readers' Guides > Old Discussions

Fiction ~ Old ~ New ~ Best Sellers #1

(1/201) > >>

Pat:
       This is the place to talk about the works of fiction you are reading, whether they are new or old, and share your own opinions and reviews with interested readers.

Every week the new bestseller lists come out brimming with enticing looking books and rave reviews. How to choose?

Discussion Leader:  Judy Laird

Judy Laird:
Good Morning everyone. What a great day to reinstate Fiction Old New and Best Sellers.

January 1st seems a great day to start out.
Just to get the ball moving I will tell you what I have been reading and then we can all catch up.
Found a author that I love and have now read most of his books including The Quiet Game (great) Third Degree. He writes about Mississippi and the Natches Trace and I can't wait to go there. I want to drive the Natches Trace someday if I can get out of Georgia.  The author's name is Greg Iles

Also Read Mary Alice Monroe Swiming Lessons which was good and
Savannah blues by Mary K Andrews, if you like the south and funny these books by Mary Kay Andrew will keep you laughing from start to finish.

I am on my second book by Stephen Hunter, this one is Hot Springs and he is a great writer as far as I am concerned. It takes place in Arkansaw in the 1940,s when they had gambling.

Lets all join again and tell what we are reading and what books we have enjoyed or really LOVED and maybe we can catch up.

Tomereader1:
Oh, Pat!  How wonderful to see that beautiful heading/banner that I remember so well. 

It seems we will be getting all our Books/Literature discussions in one spot to simplify catching up at this site.    I want you and everyone here to know that I was one frustrated old lady for all those weeks that S/N was gone!  I would email Marcie (Bless her heart!) and go to the Home Page, and find nothing but the stock message.  Tried the flash chat and it would always be empty.  Had it not been for an old AOL board where a few seniors still congregate,  someone would have had to put me in a padded room!  My deepest thanks to all who are able and willing to do this wonderful computer work and get us back on board!  Bless y'all!

Pat:
Hi Tomereader,

First --- Judy Laird is the discussion leader here -- just she was on the SN site.
I'm sure she will continue just where we left off.

Second --- I have been reading Riding Lessons bu Sara Gruen.  Since I have always rbred and raised horses -this was a really accurate novel.  She also wrote Water for Elephants and has a new book coming Ape House.

Judy Laird:
Good Morning everyone our new fiction old and new is up thanks to Pat.
My nine in the morning is most everyones noon.
This should be a wonderful place to be.
Come in and tell us what you are reading.
Hi Tomereader I enjoyed Water For Elephants very much. The special thing abou the book was that the author had never been to a circus, that blew my mind.
WELCOME      WELCOME       WELCOME

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version