General Book Discussions & More > Movies & Books Into Movies

Movies & Books Into Movies

(1/1021) > >>

ClassicsAdmin:
How many of you have read a book,
then watched a movie that was based on that same book?

Were you disappointed?
Or elated that they hadn't made any significant changes?
Or even surprised to discover the movie was even better than the book?

Books Into Movies Now on DVD
Recent Movies Based on Books
Books in a Series by Their Authors
Movies Based on the Book

Join us in an ongoing discussion of this very popular subject right now.
Pull up a chair, take off your shoes, pour yourself a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, and join in!
Your Discussion Leader: pedln

pedln:
Welcome everyone, to the New Year and to our New Home.  What an exciting time this is for Books into Movies.  Have you seen or read The Reader?  A lot of folks are talking about it.  What are your thoughts?  And then there’s Revolutionary Road and Marley & Me and Doubt (from a play), not to mention Slumdog Millionaire and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.   No doubt with dreams of Oscars dancing in their heads. I feel like my cup is running over.  How about you?

For those who like their films in homestyle comfort,  check out the link above – Books into Movies Now on DVD.

The popcorn is ready,  and there’s lots to talk about.  So come on in and tell us about the books that you want to see.

hats:
Thanks for the link, Pedln. I can't wait to see "The Reader" and "Marley and Me." I have read both those books. I missed the "Revolutionary Road" discussion long ago. I still haven't had the chance to read the book. I would like to read the book before seeing the movie.

Eloise:
Thanks Pedln for opening up a discussion about Books into Movies It will be a very popular discussion I am sure.

Recently I saw Love at the Time of the Cholera and I bought the book, and because we had discussed 100 years of Solitude by Marquez in the old SeniorNet I decided I would go and see the movie. I liked that movie very much, the theme was so different than what usually comes out of Hollywood. They even talked about religion NOT like if it was a disease, but something that the characters felt strongly about. Besides it is also a good love story. I don't want to say too much in case people want to see the movie and read the book. I have just started to read the book so I can't comment on it just now. Marquez is a Nobel Prize winner that needs to be savoured.

Another movie I saw last Friday was The Reader and there again I wanted to read the book because people I know recommended it to me. I loved both which is unusual for me because movies usually leave out too much to be able to compare favourably to the book.

Happy New Reading Year 2009 to everyone.
Those two I highly recommend seeing and reading.

Eloise:
Hi! Hats, we posted at the same time didn't we? I did the reverse, I saw the movie The Reader THEN I read the book. It's better like that for me because the movie might be disappointing, but I don't know about you. I liked both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version