Author Topic: Science Fiction / Fantasy  (Read 190329 times)

PatH

• BooksDL
Re: Science Fiction / Fantasy
« Reply #3000 on: November 30, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »
Heading

PatH

• BooksDL
« Reply #3001 on: November 30, 2017, 10:41:58 AM »
The last night of my Portand stay, one of my SILs rented Valerian for me and the other daughter to watch.  Very enjoyable, even if it has some flaws.  I was glad to watch it on his super big screen; the fancy scenes were worth it.

Frybabe

« Reply #3002 on: November 30, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »
I agree Pat, it is the exceptionally colorful scenes that I was quite taken with. The story would be a bit less than ordinary otherwise. There is a whopping big difference between the original cartoon sequence of City of a Thousand Planets (it was one of the cartoonists' early strip sequences) and the movie. The cartoons themselves were much less colorful and more disjointed, but they captured the hearts of the French for many, many years.

Almost done with Cold Welcome. Artemis should be available to me next week. In the meantime, I've borrowed Chasm City and another (forget what just now) from the Free Library of Philadelphia.

Frybabe

« Reply #3003 on: December 05, 2017, 03:38:20 PM »
Artemis is at the library for me to pick up.

Because I was being nice not to disturb the newbie's nap, I was temporarily separated from my Paperwhite. SO, I started Chasm City.

Now we are upstairs and he is being very "helpful" with my typing. Sound asleep half on and off the keyboard.  ;D