Scheduled & Proposed Book Discussions > PBS Programs

PBS Masterpiece 2014 Cont. - Downton Abbey & Other PBS programs

<< < (3/136) > >>

marcie:
Jeanne, I must have given the wrong impression. I don't think this Sherlock is "deep" as in boring. I'm glad you're going to give it a try and see for yourself.

JeanneP:
I did watch one of the repeats yesterday..don't think I will be watching him. Seems always in a rush.

rosemarykaye:
We saw the first - and long awaited - episode of the new season of Sherlock on Wednesday night.  Brilliant.  My daughters got me interested in this, and now I'm as addicted as they are. Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman are such a great pair, and in this series Freeman/Watson has a new love interest (who is played by his real-life partner), and Mycroft is developing as a character.  I won't give anything else away!

We also saw a new one-off adaptation of the novel 'The Thirteenth Tale' by Diane Settafield (which I haven't read) starring Olivia Coleman and Vanessa Redgrave.  I was terrified, though as usual my 15 yr old wasn't....but we both enjoyed it hugely, so I hope you get it over there in due course.

Rosemary

MaryPage:
I agree that the new Sherlock is brilliant.

I saw a new Phryne Fisher on PBS last night.  Absolutely delicious.  Such fun!

marcie:
Rosemary, Thanks very much for the "previews." I am looking forward to Sherlock later this month and do hope that we get The Thirteenth Tale. It's in my humongous to be read pile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version