New to this site? > Remembrances

In Memory of Ella Gibbons

(1/4) > >>

jane:
In Loving Memory of our Ella Gibbons

November 10, 1928 - November 1, 2016

Ella was with us at SeniorNet and then here at SeniorLearn since at least 1997.  She was a dedicated and wonderful discussion leader.  She will be greatly missed. Her obituary is here:Ella's Obituary

Please post remembrances of Ella here so they can be shared with others and her daughter, Cindy.

ANNIE:
I met Ella on SN in 1997 and, after I pestered her, she emailed and told me where she lived! In Ohio!  In Gahanna! That was where I was from! (but lived in Atlanta at the time).  Our kids graduated from the same high school!  When we finally got together, (after we had moved back to Gahanna), we met for lunch and couldn't stop sharing our past lives. We knew many of the same people!  Must have talked for two hours!😋  And after that, we introduced our husbands to each other and they became good friends. We enjoyed so many fun times together!  She will be missed greatly 😢.

bellamarie:
It is with a very heavy heart and tears, for me to post my condolences to her daughter Cindy.  When I first began SeniorLearn back years ago, Ella was so welcoming and kind to me.  I teased and said, I was a young baby chick with so little experience, unlike all the other members, and she was like a mother hen taking me under her wings.  A couple of times she emailed me with encouragement when I had self doubt, she saw I was from Toledo, Ohio and insisted she, Annie and I must meet halfway to have lunch and meet in person.  I was so excited to set a date, and then she had a fall and broke her hip.  We never got a chance to meet in person, but it did not take meeting Ella in person to know the wonderful, kind, loving very intuitive lady she was.  I am going to miss her greatly in our future discussions.  Knowing Ella, and the love she had for books and discussing them, I know she would want all of us to go forward with these discussions.  We will honor her and remember her in our future discussions, and stop from time to time and think......hmmmm what would Ella think?

Let's take a little time to pause and give Ella much due respect and memory.  We can move forward when everyone feels they are ready. 

I leave you dear Ella with my favorite author Jane Austen's quote:

(Someone feel free to resize) Thank you~

JoanK:
Oh ELLA! She was GREAT! We led so many good discussions together! She was the  one who always found great non-fiction books to read. I would say "There's nothing to discuss here" and she would say in effect "are you kidding? And she was always right!!

I knew her health wasn't good, but she always bounced back. I had some glimmer of what it cost her to keep on, but I came to believe that somehow, she would always be here. what a loss. All our lives are poorer for it, as they were made richer for knowing her!

Cristalle:
What a lovely woman. Our heartfelt condolences to her family for someone who will  certainly be missed by many ❤️

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version