Archives & Readers' Guides > Archives of Book Discussions

Loving Frank (Lloyd Wright) ~ Nancy Horan ~ Prediscussion

<< < (2/4) > >>

Aberlaine:
I'm reading Loving Frank for my f2f book group which meets tomorrow.  I haven't finished the book because it just doesn't hold my interest.  Perhaps it's because I'm not interested in architecture or Frank Lloyd Wright.

I'll be stopping by to read the comments.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Nancy

maryz:
I'll be checking in on the discussion.

straudetwo:
Thank you all so much for your posts.

An hour and a half ago, as I was trying to answer an e-mil, I was suddenly unable to answer it  and lost all contact to all websites.  Horrors !!!
Safari could not open any sites anywhere !

The computer, not yet one year old, seems to have had the hiccups.
I let it rest  and compose itself.  Now I'll try to answer that e-mail.
Hope to be here tomorrow.

waafer:

Since I visited The Dana Thomas house in Springfield Il. I have been interested to read on the internet about other houses that were designed by FLW and the history of this man.  Just hope my Library Lady will bring me this book in time for the discussion.  I truly loved the house I saw and as we were the only two visitors there this morning the guide had time to tell us much about the house.  Waafer

straudetwo:
Again,  thank you for your posts.
I am sorry not to have been able to welcome all of you individually, as is our custom, because of last night's mystifying malfunction. 

It was a relief to hear this morning from my neighbor across the street that she too experienced the same disruption when her son was working on his homework.
The fault lay clearly with Comcast, which is our mutual internet, phone and cable provider. It was off from about 9:45 p.m. to around midnight.

Welcome, Ella and JoanG (an early supporter).

Welcome,Nancy, and thanks for posting. So you'll have the opportunity to discuss the book f2f before we  begin here. It would be interesting to know what your group thinks/thought.

Our local group has had many exciting,  even spirited discussions over the years, but not all of us like each and every book.  That can hardly be expected.  But I submit to you that not liking
a book does not preclude a good discussion.
In fact, when  LF was first suggested in our local group, I was skeptical, fearing the book might be an overwrought romance with intimate revelations.  Well,  thankfully, the book is nothing of the sort; if anything it is an understatement.

MaryZ,  a big Hello to you.  I've seen you elsewhere and am glad you are joining us here.

Waafer,  a warm welcome to you also. It is always a pleasure to see a new name and a new face. 
May I add:  when the local group in January, one member brought along a hefty tome of FLW's works, picturing every house, its location and design, including the furniture he designed --which actually doesn't look all that  comfortable  :(
Taliesin  which he built in Wisconsin for Mamah and himself is in the Prairie style.  We will be able to look at the houses and the furniture (and more), thanks to the skill of our techies.

There will be a short pre-discussion before we start on May 1st.  Surely the books you ordered will have arrived by then.
Right now, however, we are looking for a quorum. Please keep the posts coming.
And thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version