Archives & Readers' Guides > Archives of Book Discussions

Our Souls by Kent Haruf ~ July 18 ~ July Book Club Online

<< < (26/27) > >>

ginny:
Why thank you, Marcie, how kind of you. It was a wonderful experience to me because of the great perspectives of the group.  I enjoyed it immensely, myself.

This discussion is now concluded and I agree, we hope to welcome all of you, new and old, to our next book club discussion.

Jonathan:
Ginny, you're just the greatest. Marvellous, standing in for Ella, on a moment's notice.

I'm sorry it's over. The book has left a lasting impression on me. Addie and Louis will forever remain the aging couple looking for warmth and companionship in their closeness. In bed. The sex, however, soon took second place to their shared memories. Louis's account of his wife Diane's death and his musing on their marriage and his shortcomings had an absolute pathos and honesty about it that left me shaken.

ginny:
Well thank you very much. :)

Yes it was a GOOD book and a GOOD discussion thanks to everything you all saw in it!

I really appreciate everybody's pitching in.

PatH:
This was an inspired discussion.  Thanks, Ginny, for picking this book and leading it so ably.  It certainly affected us all, and brought out so many different viewpoints, and I would never have read it otherwise.

ANNIE:
Ginny, thank you so much for taking over for Ella and leading in your usual gracious way. 
The book was inspiring and all the opinions so thought provoking. 

I live in a small condo complex and the friendliness of my neighbors is awesome!!!  They are always offering help to those who need it.  We are so lucky to live in what we call our little village. Recently, when I was ill,  one of my friends here brought me a lovely small bouquet of flowers and reminded me that they were available for any help that we needed.  Just call any time, she said.  Makes me feel so blessed.  And my other blessing has been to be a part of this wonderful group on SeniorLearn and SN since 1997.  It's been so much fun making friends with folks from all over our world.  We are so lucky.

Congratulations  Soapbubble and Radioman! May your new life together be a joyous journey!💕💕😋💕

Hope to see you all in our next discussion!😋😋💕

Just had a new title recommended to me!  A Man called Ov!  It's a humorous story about an old man and his friends.  Sounds good to me!  I will let you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version