Archives & Readers' Guides > Talking Heads ~ Curious Minds ~ Op/Ed

Talking Heads: Twenty Questions

<< < (2/42) > >>

BarbStAubrey:
A couple of these were hard - if you asked me tomorrow I may have a different answer - but I tried to imagine I was choosing for that proverbial trip on a plane for  a small Island and the one book I just had to have with me would be or one author or whatever the question...

I did copy and past the questions from the heading but I had to go back and hit color for each question - and then to make them easier to read I put in a couple of spaces.

The books that were made into movies was a hard one - but I kept coming back to Gigi - if I can find it again the other day I found this great site that gave by year all the books that had been made into a movie since the 1940s - within recent years it is astonishing how many films were first in print.

Another that was so difficult was my favorite Children's book - oh me oh my - so many - more than even favorite fiction or non-fiction.

Well it will be fun to see a few more lists...

nlhome:
I think I'll start backwards:
19. My favorite memory of reading to someone. I loved reading The Pokey Little Puppy to my first child, and we did that once a day for quite a spell. My second favorite memory is reading The BoxCar Children to all 3 of my children. The oldest was able to read by that time, but he joined us for that "chapter book" and listened as carefully as he used to when he was smaller.

20. My favorite memory of someone reading to me was when I was little and my Mom would sit down at lunch time, waiting for my father to come home for lunch (he worked right next door) and she would read to me. One book, highly un-politically correct now, I suppose, was about Little Black Sambo.

JudeS:
Gee, each of these questions take much thought and leads us down memory lane.
Right now I can answer only the first two.
Favorite book:
Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevski

Favorite Nonfiction book:
Markings by Dag Hammerskold (For those who perhaps don't remember, he was the first head of the United Nations. He died in a very suspicous airplane accident.)

BarbStAubrey:
nlhome the fond memories of reading to our children and then being read to by a parent - and the books we read and had read to us - oh my - as you say not exactly politically correct but I do not know about you, I never associated some of these children's characters with live people in current society even then - thank goodness - but I can see the wounds and that is painful and sad.

Jude how great to start at the beginning - the hard choices - did you read recently that they are really questioning the so called plane crash - looks like the stories we read of Greeks and Romans are still with us...

MaryPage:
1.   What is your favorite fiction book?  Emma by Jane Austen
2.   What is your favorite nonfiction book?  The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan
3.   Who is your favorite author?  Jane Austen
4.   What is your favorite children’s’ book?  Anne of Green Gables
5.   What book have you intended to read but haven’t yet?  need to finish Ulysses
6.   What movie made from a book is your favorite?  The Forsyth Saga
7.   Where is your favorite place to read in winter?  In my easy chair
8.   Where is your favorite summer reading spot?  the same
9.   What made for TV interpretation of a book is your favorite?  Anne of Green Gables
10.   What is your favorite time in history to read about?  15th century
11.   What library any place in the world would you like to visit?  Vatican
12.   What author’s house would you like to visit?  Beatrix Potter
13.   What is your favorite cookbook?  Fanny Farmer's
14.   Over the years, what desert cookbook did you use the most?  n/a
15.   Did you ever read a book that you had to hide with a fake cover?  no
16.   What is your favorite book blog?  n/a
17.   What is your favorite holiday book? (any holiday)  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
18.   What is your favorite quote from an author?  the verse beginning with "Build Thee more stately mansions, O' My Soul", by Oliver Wendell Holmes
19.   What is your favorite memory of reading to someone?  Reading Charlie & The Chocolate Factory to my youngest and discovering all the older children were listening in
20.   What is your favorite memory of someone reading to you?  My Dad reading Brer Rabbit from the Baltimore Sun 78 years ago

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version