Archives & Readers' Guides > Talking Heads ~ Curious Minds ~ Op/Ed

Talking Heads ~ Video phones ~ Skype

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ella Gibbons:
I have never liked phones, and I certainly would never use a video phone.

I do call folks once inawhile to see if they are still alive and to remind them that I am, but it is not very often.

I cannot understand texting either.  What in the world do they say? 

I am getting more reclusive as I get older, which is/isn't a good/bad thing.

Babi:
 ELLA, I'm simply thankful that this computer means we can stay in as much as we like or need,
and still interact with our friends and the rest of the world.

Ella Gibbons:
Right, BABI, we are lucky to live in this age; to have discovered the joy of computers.  I have a couple of neighbors that I occasionally see and they know I have a computer.  They don't understand my interest! If I didn't love to read and discuss what I read, would I have a computer?   I don't know.

Why can you no longer use a phone if you don't mind my asking, BABI?

nlhome:
The computer and a family cell phone contract mean that I can stay in touch with my children so much easier. My children used to email my parents when they were still alive, and that was so special - teens don't write letters or call their older relatives all that often, but email made it easy and fun for them. Now my children are young adults, still in contact with some of my remaining older aunts and others in our extended family. We've found other relatives that we've lost touch with because of Facebook.

Babi:
Oh, I thought everybody here knew by now, ELLA. I lost the last of my
hearing during this past year. All I can hear now are noises that set
up vibrations or the noises in my head.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version