Archives & Readers' Guides > Old Discussions

Introductions...Please click here and tell us about YOU!

(1/170) > >>

ClassicsAdmin:

Please post and introduce yourself!  We're looking forward to getting to know you.

Guidelines for posting your photos

Click on the Discussion Index on the menubar near the top of every page to see what we offer:

ginny:
Welcome, to SeniorLearn's Books and Classics. We are glad you came, and look forward to hearing what your interests are, and whatever you'd like to share about your own life.

If you are looking for  people enthusiastic about books and reading and lifelong learning, you have come to the right place!

Let's get to know each other, some of us may be involved with the Latin Courses here, some of us may be avid readers,  and some of us may be a combination of both.

All of us are glad you came, it's starting out a  fabulous new year, help us make it a reality with your own contributions!

Welcome home.

JoanP:
It may seem that many people here already know one another.  Some have just met, others are old friends.  Consider yourself our new old friend.  We are so glad you found your way here.  We'd love to know more about you - and then if you like, you can stop in the Library and chat about what you like to read.  How did you find us? 

We have several new discussions scheduled for opening later today, more tomorrow.  Stay tuned, there is sure to be something you will like.

Welcome!

ALF43:
INTRODUCTIONS:

I love it.  Here we all find ourselves in a different venue from ever before and I am so excited to be a part of this group.  I can't wait to meet and greet my "old" SNet friends from Books & Lit. and to have the privilege of meeting "new" friends.  Some here may be voracious readers, chomping at the bit to devour a good book and share their thoughts with others or some may be reticent about voicing their preferences.  You will soon learn that everybody here is anxious to hear from you and about you.  We assemble for the glory of the written word.
 Each of us have a different assessment  of what a "good read" is -- so tell us what your opinion is.  Come in, sit down and join our group.  You will surprised of the joy you will find as you become comfortable.

Robby:
Who and what am I?  Part of my time I am a mild-mannered reporter who spends lots of time in phone booths.  I am 88 years old as of last Sept. 25 and because of that often have delusions.  I am a slow reader and have been bogged down in the same book for seven years now.  It is called The Story of Civilization by Will and Ariel Durant.  In a moment of illogic, the "powers that be" here designated me to be a Discussion Leader guiding us through the fifth volume entitled The Renaissance.  That site will soon be available for any and every one here to join in.  It is a fun site.  We joke a lot.  We laugh a lot.  We pull up links of architecture, etc.  But somehow underneath we seriously examine the foibles and accomplishments of those people living from the Year 1350 on.  At the same time we conjecture how different or similar to ourselves they are.  No one in the site is an expert, especially me, so if you do not consider yourself an expert, do we have the place for you!!

Robby

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version