Scheduled & Proposed Book Discussions > PBS Programs

Masterpiece: 2019-2020

(1/3) > >>

BooksAdmin:
  See the 2019 MASTERPIECE schedule. 

Let's talk about PBS programs that we enjoy.

UPCOMING

Mrs Wilson
March 31 (Episodes 1 and 2) and April 7 (Episode 3), 2019

Starring Ruth Wilson (Jane Eyre), Mrs. Wilson is a powerful three-part drama inspired by the memoir of Ms. Wilson’s grandmother and family history.

Set in 1940s and 1960s London and 1930s India, the series follows Alison Wilson, who thinks she is happily married until her husband, Alec, dies and a woman turns up on the doorstep claiming that she is the real Mrs. Wilson. Alison is determined to prove the validity of her own marriage – and Alec’s love for her – but is instead led into a world of disturbing secrets.

ginny:
 I just saw a notice today that the BBC is releasing today the new Series of Father Brown, series 7,  for those of you who like the show.  I ran to Netflix but to no avail, it's not there yet, and I'll check PBS, but it's done and out and that's very exciting! It won't be long before we can see it, too!

It's apparently just now showing on BBC1. 10 Episodes, Morris Dancers, can't wait!

JeanneP:
I wonder how long it will be before we get them on PBS. here in C/U. ?

ginny:
Can't be too much longer, they started in January, there were 8  episodes, I think,  no I'm wrong, there are 10, and once they all air they appear on Netflix and then PBS almost immediately.  Can't WAIT!

marcie:
Hi, all

This Sunday, PBS is showing the first two episodes of a new program, Mrs. Wilson.

See a review at http://www.seniorlearn.org/bookclubs/masterpiece/mrswilson/mrswilson.html

Spoiler alert. The PBS website contains details about the program that you might want to wait to see until after you see at least the first episode. There is a trailer and lots of background information.

We're also giving away the review DVD of all three episodes of "Mrs Wilson."

To enter for a chance to win the DVD, post a message in this discussion during the first two weeks of April. Let us know what you think of Mrs Wilson or which programs you have enjoyed watching over the years or currently watch on PBS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version