New to this site? > Remembrances

In Memory of Maryal (Deems)

<< < (2/7) > >>

ANNIE:
Susan,
My favorite memory of your dear mother is when she told us about her cataract surgery.  For a long time, she thought that her kitchen appliances were ivory colored and she liked them that way.  "Imagine," she said, "my surprise to walk into my kitchen and find that I had white appliances all that time!"
She did have a wonderful sense of humor along with her sweet smile and gentleness.  She will be missed
by all of us here on SeniorLearn.
You and your family will be in my prayers and good thoughts.  

Ella Gibbons:
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.- Dickinson

Susan, your Mother will be greatly missed in our book discussions.  Peace be with you!

joangrimes:
Dear Susan, I did have the pleasure of meeting you and your wonderful Mother at a Book Festival in Washington. DC.  The friendship and caring for each other that the the two of you had was obvious to me.  

I have lots of memories of Maryal from over the years that I knew her. one of them that I would like to share with you now the following one:
One of my favorite memories of Maryal will always be when she  gave resounding Roll Tide for my football team when they won the the BCS National Championship game. This was after Maryal was very ill and shows her indomitable spirit.  I have many other wonderful memories of her too in all the associations with her her and on SeniorNet.

Susan, you will always be in my thoughts and prayers and always feel that you can talk to me about your wonderful mother and friend.

Joan Grimes

marcie:
There is a huge hole in our book community with the  loss of our dear maryal. I know that we'll fill it with wonderful memories of this smart, witty, humble, straightforward and caring person. I had the pleasure of meeting her once but mostly knew her from her presence in our discussions here. She was a great discussion leader and participant. She was very generous, sharing her time and knowledge with us, even when she was busy preparing for classes or grading papers for the English courses she taught. I'll miss her expertise and the ease and grace with which she shared what she knew with us.

mabel1015j:
I always loved "Deems" thoughtful comments and humor in our discussions. So sorry she will no longer be here to educate and enlighten and "lighten" us up. My sympathies to her family. I'm sure you have wonderful memories of her...............jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version