Author Topic: Holiday Memories Open House  (Read 56532 times)

Gumtree

Re: Holiday Memories Open House
« Reply #360 on: January 06, 2011, 10:25:37 AM »

Holiday Memories - An  Open House for All of US!

What's the best Christmas or Holiday you can remember from back in the Good Ole Days? We hope you will come  right inside out of the cold and share those memories with us - beginning Dec.1   T'is the season to wax nostalgic about Christmas past - and all the  holidays you celebrate this time of year..

Every party needs MUSIC!  Let us know your Holiday favorites...we'll link them here for you. Remember this one?

What's a party without  GOODIES? Let's  fill this buffet table with your favorites!  What's your best  Holiday  recipe ever and  the story behind it? Do you still bake like you once did? Shall we have a contest for the OLDEST RECIPE?

And what's a gathering of BOOK LOVERS without Books? We all have our seasonal favorite STORIES and POEMS. What are yours?  Each week in December we'll focus on two of your favorites.  Do you remember these two?

Hey Steph - one of my sons was born on 8th Jan - he'll be 48 on Saturday
Reading is an art and the reader an artist. Holbrook Jackson

rosemarykaye

« Reply #361 on: January 06, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »
Thank you so much Barb (as you know I have emailed you separately), Steph and everyone for your very welcome ideas and information about possible holidays.  I am going to look at all the links and try to start planning a bit earlier than I usually do.

It's hard to think of a theme that would satisfy both of my daughters, husband and myself - i would like to do a literary and/or historical themed trip, maybe I can try to work out one that would also interest them.  My elder daughter is interested in things like the civil rights movement, but younger one hasn't really got up to that yet - though she likes art and crafts.  Husband likes art and jazz (and cars and sport, but I'm not spending my precious holiday doing either of those  :))

Carolyn, I'm glad your daughter liked Edinburgh - maybe one day you will be able to come over and we can meet up?

Thanks again everyone, I'll keep you posted.

Rosemary

BarbStAubrey

• BooksDL
  • Keep beauty alive...
    • Piled on Tables and Floors and Bureau Drawers
« Reply #362 on: January 06, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
 :D  :)  ;)  ;)  :-* Family interests can be addressed at Cooperstown in New York State

National Baseball Hall of Fame
National Soccer Hall of Fame.
Fenimore Art Museum
The Farmers' Museum
Glimmerglass Opera
Fly Creek Cider Mill
Butterfly Conservatory
Brewery Ommegang

You'll find arts, heritage, culture, antiques, (American) sports, countryside breweries in the foothills of the northern Catskills.

http://www.visitingcooperstown.com/

Civil Rights for women has a Museum further north located in Seneca New York

http://www.nps.gov/wori/index.htm

And Auto museums galore throughout New England and New York

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/20/automobiles/collectibles/20-museums-northeast.html

Wrap up a Literary Road Trip visiting the museum homes of 10 New England Authors with a stop for a bit of history at Sturbridge Village Living Museum.

OH you will have loads of fun finding on the internet more places to visit than houses worth a look-see in Edinburgh  ;) but your search gave me some fun looking up web sites - have fun planning!
“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” ~ Goethe

JoanP

• BooksDL
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2011, 08:07:38 AM »
Goodness, it's time to box up the tinsel and Archive this discussion and here are more links that have not been read!  I'll tell you what...As soon as this discussion is Archived, we  will put a link in the Library - how about a link to the Archives in the Library heading?  Then you  can read the links at your leisure?  

Again, thank you for all of this wonderful discussion!  It has really been fun! It's time to close this discussion- until next December!  See you then...

ps. Happy Birthday to all the New Year "babies" -