General Book Discussions & More > Author's Corner

Authors Corner - a place for authors to let us know about recent endeavors

<< < (3/3)

Barbarossa:
Hi everyone,
I thank you Jane for introducing me this site,.
I came here because l am looking for people who are interested in learning Latin language.
I hope noone will be frightened (or more frightened than me) if l disclose that my mother language is not English...?
In spite of this fact l LOVE writing in english, and l already had made my first book with a friend together.
It is an anthology of my friend and my poems and short novels, and of my photos belongs to the topics.
We tried everything to make it correctly but it still has some mistakes because we are not good at .pdf converting.
I am sorry I digressed a bit from the introduction. :)

barbarossa.

DISFrontman:
Hello SeniorLearn Community!

This is Bart Boge writing, author of Regarding Tiberius, a novel set in Asia Minor, Egypt, Syria and Judaea circa the 1st Century BC/AD.  A Google search identified some commentary on this forum regarding my novel, so I thought I'd pop in, read through a few comments, and offer a blurb or two that might add an "inside" view of the story.

For anyone curious, I do have a few videos on YouTube that pertain to my work.  I will NOT be mistaken for a celebrity or a "rock star," but here is the channel nonetheless:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOH7wB4g1OJgfuErORuiwaA
Here's a direct link to a book signing event where I discussed the book and its origins in detail:

https://youtu.be/xVOBdJ5u4mU
I don't want to make this an ad for RT, so I won't post an Amazon link to it.  I'm sure any of you who are interested will know how to find it! :)

Yours,
Bart

bellamarie:
Bart, thank you for the lnks.  I was checking them out late last night and drifted off to sleep listening to the second part, what sources you drew from for your music/play/novella.  I will revisit to finish the others into the new year.  It's wonderful that you found our book club by happen chance.  Please feel free to stick around and even join in our future discussions.  I am looking forward to reading your book.

I am a novice writer who has had a couple of poems published, and am going to submit my children's book for publishing this year.  It has sat finished for a few years, fright of refusal has kept me from submitting sooner.  As you stated, authors or anyone who creates, looks for approval and positive feedback, and I might add, that we also dread rejection or negative reactions to our hard labored personal works.  I have begun a novel which I suspect will take a long time to complete, but in the meantime I began a blog where I write short little bits to share with friends and family.  Now that I am retired I will have much more time to devote to my goal of having a book published.  You, as all writers are an inspiration to me. 

Regards~ Marie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version