General Book Discussions & More > Author's Corner

Authors Corner - a place for authors to let us know about recent endeavors

<< < (2/3) > >>

ANNIE:
You are welcome, nlhome.

ANNIE:
From our old friend, Bruce Feiler:

Dear Friends,
 I am pleased to announce the publication of my new book -- GENERATION FREEDOM -- about the Middle East uprisings and what they mean for peace, coexistence, and relations with the West.  Ten years after WALKING THE BIBLE and ABRAHAM, I was drawn back to the region to walk in the footsteps of the revolution, meet its leaders, and explore how these changes will affect the issues of faith I care so deeply about.  I hope you enjoy it.

You can see me on "Good Morning America" (Mon 6/27), CNN's "AC360" (Tues 6/28), CNN's Fareed Zakaria (Sun 7/3), and many other places in coming weeks.

In GENERATON FREEDOM: The Middle East Uprisings and the Remaking of the Modern World, Bruce Feiler returns with a fascinating exploration of the historic changes transforming the region.  At a time when the world is asking how the Arab Spring and the death of Osama bin Laden will reshape our times, best-selling author Bruce Feiler offers a vivid behind-the-scenes portrait of history in the making. He marches with the daring young organizers in Liberation Square, confronts the head of the Muslim Brotherhood, and witnesses the dramatic rebuilding of recently burned church at exactly the moment sectarian violence threatens the peaceful movement. Eloquent and thoughtul, GENERATION FREEDOM offers a hopeful vision of how this unrivaled upheval will transform the world.

Some other quick headlines. THE COUNCIL OF DADS has just been released in paperback.  Follow my regular updates on Facebook and Twitter.  And I am well.

I hope you are too,

Bruce

P.S. I have many new features on brucefeiler.com, including videos and a way to email me.

ANNIE:
A request from Maryann McFadden which we answered with an emphatic "YES":

Hello Ann,
How are you? I am doing pretty well after a hectic, challenging year.
I wondered if I could ask a favor. I realized I should be putting myself out there marketing myself as a speaker. Everything I get comes to me through word of mouth. So I am changing my website to include this. Would I be able to get a testimonial from you and your group? I would love to post it on my website. Let me know if this is ok, and if not, don't think twice!
All my best,
Maryann

Maryann joined us in NYC at our "Authors Tea".  She is a delightful speaker and she gave us the lowdown on writing books plus self publishing.  We truly enjoyed hearing her ideas of writing on what you know.

ANNIE:
Here is an email that I received last week and forgot to place it here.

"To you who have read and commented on "WHILE",

This is the first anniversary of publication.Would you please rate and write your comments on Amazon or B&N and spread the word about WHILE?
Amazon.com: while born during wwii: Books , or while born during wwii - Barnes & Noble .

I would appreciate your letting others hear about the book."

The author is a friend of mine here in Ohio and she put this book together with the lady from Germany.  In the book, they compare their growing up years during WWII. My friend who grew in Pennsylvania and her friend who grew up in WWII Germany.  I have not read it yet. It does't appeal to me since I know both ladies.  By the way, it was accepted for publishing at a decent company.  My friend write childrens books that are quite good but she always self publishes/[/b] 

ANNIE:
Here is the latest news of one of our authors, Bruce Feiler who wrote "Abraham, America's Prophet, Walking the Bible.

"Dear Friends,

It's been a while, so I'm happy to be sending out a brief update.  First, attached is my latest monthly New York Times column, "The Art of the Wedding Toast." Also, I am just completing a draft of my latest book, The Secrets of Happy Families, which will be published in February.  And I am scheduled to start shooting a new series for PBS this fall.  

I also had a piece on rethinking the family dinner on the cover of Parade this weekend. Here's a link.

Otherwise, I hope you are well.  I am pleased to be reaching my fourth year since being diagnosed with cancer with no signs of cancer in my body.

Warm Wishes for the Summer,
Bruce  

For more regular updates, follow me on Twitter or Facebook. You can unsubscribe from future mailings at the bottom of this e-mail."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version