New to this site? > Technophobe Reader

The Technophobe Reader - Technology Help

<< < (2/199) > >>

ginny:
I think your problem is you're so far ahead of the rest of us nobody else knows, and that's a specific problem. I bet they could tell you in a heartbeat.

So YOU have now become our Droid Expert! That makes me happy because the Droid is the coming thing.

I talked to Apple the other day, they have a good number to call for any apple product and the lovely young man kept assuring me it was not a "stupid question," but he had to get his supervisor's help to answer it. Apparently he's not been asked about the (stupid) bookshelves before but he did solve it. :)

Good now we have a Droid Expert on hand, it really makes you "feel good," to "help." hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa It does. :)

BarbStAubrey:
Just marking my place - I hope to learn - I got stuck in the mud about 5 years ago and the tech world passed me by. Maybe it isn't 5  years but everything happens so fast it feels like 20 years.

pedln:
This site is a wonderful idea.  Who doesn't have questions?  And who knows, someone may have answers.

When I told my 14 yr-old grandson I didn't really understand what all these pods were, he sent me a little list -- below.  Of course, knowing technology's warp speed, they may be out of date by now.   The list from Brian --

--- Quote ---as to technnology... Apple (company) makes I-Pods (newer versions of Walkman, MP3 players)

There are several types of I-Pods

I-Pod Classic is the oldest one with lots of storage
I-Pod Nano is smaller than the Classic, but with less storage
I-Pod Shuffle is the smallest I-Pod, without a screen, it just shuffles through your songs
I-Pod Touch is the newest I-Pod, with a touch screen, internet (via Wi-Fi), camera, and gaming
I-Phone is an I-Pod Touch, with a phone built in, and has the option of 3G, which is internet through cell towers

A Smart Phone is essentially a phone with internet, for the most part
--- End quote ---

pedln:
MaryZ, would Amazon be able to help you out.  On those Kindle discussions everyone raves about Amazon's wonderful customer service and knowledge -- as far as Kindle's are concerned.

HaroldArnold:
The one thing I really miss about the loss of the old seniornet site access is the absence of the technical help we had there.  Even so I think this will be a popular site.  More important I also think it will be a useful site making the experience of some available to others facing similar problems.

I have never owned a smart phone though I have come to rely on my plain vanilla Cell for most of my communications needs.  I have had PC's since 1986 and was using CompuServe by 1987 and the Internet before 1994.  I currently have a modern two year old dell desktop and a Nook.  I recently lost my 6 year old Dell Media laptop to a careless cup of coffee.   My next purchase will be either a replacement small but equipped notebook to replace the one I accidentally lost or an I-pad 2, eventually probably both.

I will make another post here later about my experience with the nook.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version