Scheduled & Proposed Book Discussions > Suggestions for Future CLASSICS Books discussions

Nominations for our next Classics books discussion

<< < (2/59) > >>

JoanK:
WELCOME to our new site. Anyone who didn't get their last thoughts in can put them here. As well as your suggestions.

Someone in the other site had suggested "Plutarch's Lives". Who was it?

straudetwo:
JoanK, if I'm not mistaken, it was Mippy.
I remember seconding the idea at the time.

roshanarose:
I agree with all the abovementioned choices.  Probably prefer Suetonius over the others though.  Plutarch has both Roman and Greek lives.  My choice would be obvious there.

Plutarch's best-known work is the Parallel Lives, a series of biographies of famous Greeks and Romans, arranged in pairs to illuminate their common moral virtues and vices. The surviving Lives contain 23 pairs, each with one Greek Life and one Roman Life, as well as four unpaired single Lives.

Babi:
 I brought up Plutarch this time around, though someone else did initially in our
first book selection.  Several other good suggestions here, though some might be
difficult to find, and one I've never even heard of.  "Shahmanek; The Persian Book
of Kings".  I suspect that one might be difficult to find.

PatH:
What happened to all the classics we voted on last time?  We ought to feed them in here, or at least the ones that got a lot of votes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version