New to this site? > Remembrances

In Memory of Éloïse De Pelteau

<< < (2/4) > >>

kiwilady:
Dear Eloise, I miss exchanging views in healthy living and the other health forum we both posted in on the S&F site. You were always gracious and kind. I can't believe you are gone.

Rest in Peace dear friend.

Carolyn. (kiwilady Auckland New Zealand)

MaryPage:
I  met Eloise at the SeniorNet Bash in Williamsport, Pennsylvania in October of 2001.  She was beautiful, full of high spirits, lots of fun and very intelligent.  A real lady, she was lovely in every possible way.

ginny:

Don, what a wonderful memory for you to cherish, hearing Eloise and Isabelle sing La Fiacre! I did not know the song and I found this enchanting presentation of it, now I can't get the tune out of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0AIIxmofbw

What a wonderful thing to  leave  in our memories of  Eloise, thank you so much!

Persian:
I recall Eloise's mgnificent spirit throughout the years as we read her excellent comments about health and enjoying life in all phases, her humor and joy at sharing family experiences in her posts for all to enjoy, and her marvelous sense of reaching out in friendship to all.  During the past two years as my husband was in the USA on a leave of absence from his home university in Egypt and in the process of applying for American citizenship, Eloise invited us to come to visit her in Montreal.  And she mentioned that if we really wanted to see a beautiful City at its best, be sure to come during the Winter Christmas Holidays, when the City-wide decorations would be outstanding.

Unfortunately, we did not take that opportunity to visit.  Yesterday, when I spoke with Mohamed (who returned to Egypt in mid-June) and mentioned Eloise's recent passing, he caught his breath and I could hear him praying very softly.  He finally said (almost to himself) "Ah, our Lord must  need a very special Angel."

And I also recall the genuine feelings Eloise expressed to me when my son deployed as an Army Chaplain - twice to Iraq and once to Afghanistan.  He is safely home now in the USA, but Eloise's earlier words have always remained in my mind:  "Do not fear.  Your son travels surrounded by prayers from many."

For those friends who actually met and interacted with Eloise and her marvelously joyful and elegant fun-loving personality, I surely envy you that pleasure.  Although she is not with us physically , I am confident that she is with us in our Hearts.

Thanks also to DON for sharing his memories of his recent trip to visit Eloise and her daughter, Isabelle.  And most especially for that lovely picture!

Mahlia

ANNIE:
And thank you, Ginny, for leaving a link to that song that Isabelle and Eloise sang. Its just charming.  Now its in my memory for the week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version