Author Topic: Introductions...Please click here and tell us about YOU!  (Read 186334 times)

Frybabe

Re: Introductions...Please click here and tell us about YOU!
« Reply #840 on: February 15, 2019, 11:24:42 AM »
Nice to meet you Dana. Welcome. My name is Margie; Frybabe is the nickname I picked up when I worked in pre-press at Fry Communications.

I recently acquired the Audible version of  The War That Killed Achilles, but I haven't listened to it yet. I've just started Adrian Goldsworthy's Caesar: Life of a Colossus . My interest is primarily in Roman history.

My Mom was Welsh, so I have an interest in Welsh history as well. Sorry, though, my books on Wales are not specific to pre-1066 history. I do have two histories and one specifically on the Welsh wars of independence which do include some info regarding very early Wales. I also have a book or two on Welsh myths, legends, and folklore, some of which I believe, are considered a basis for the Arthur legend.

Please check out our discussion groups, including the Classics Forum. We post things of interest there from time to time. We also have the history discussion group which has been sorely neglected lately. I would love to see more ancient history discussed. Our Library discussion group is usually lively.

It is great to hear about your farm. You didn't mention livestock. Do you have any? For about 14 years, I did organic gardening. I had several beds, including one 20x80ft. for vegetables, a bed of spearmint, and several strawberry beds. I also had five blueberries, two pears (one was an Asian) one peach, one red plum and a concord grape vine. I still miss the blueberries (Ivanhoe was my favorite) and the strawberries. After moving to Bethlehem, I worked three years at Rodale Institute which, if you are not acquainted, does organic farming and garden research.

rundad2

« Reply #841 on: May 27, 2019, 10:55:29 AM »
Hi: Im Bruce from Northern Maine.  I’m a married father of 7, 72 yo retired family doc, who plays builds and fixes fiddles. I run, and swim and now with better weather, garden. With 10 grand kids, the days go by ever so quickly.  I’m most interested in the introductory Latin course, and will sign up for it when it opens. Senior learn looks like a wonderful resource and I look forward to getting further information and involvement.

jane

• Administrator
  • Registrar for SL's Latin ..... living in NE Iowa
« Reply #842 on: May 27, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »
Hi, rundad2...email on the way from JaneiowaLatin@gmail.com with information about the classes.

Registration for fall classes will open in mid to late July.

jane

Smartstrait

« Reply #843 on: May 29, 2019, 10:21:48 AM »
Hello I am new to all of this my name is Marlene I am 54 and eager to learn Latin but first I need to learn how to post it might take me a little while to get the hang of it I am not a fast learner and am not real familiar with how this social media works kind of a rebel where technology is concerned but making a concession to learn Latin a language that I have always thought sounded to beautiful and ancient

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #844 on: May 29, 2019, 11:47:15 AM »
Hi, Maureen,
We’re delighted you’ve found us.  You posted just fine.

I handle the registration for the Latin classes.  I will email you later today. (Right now I am 45 miles from home).

Jane

rundad2

« Reply #845 on: July 15, 2019, 02:55:26 PM »
Hi. My name is Bruce, and I live in northern Maine. I’m a retired family doc, husband, father, grandfather , fiddler, luthier, runner, gardener, new to Latin. Lots of false starts with Latin, but hopefully this time it will stick. Started looking at this web sight, how to download the necessary programs, find it very confusing. Will definitely need assistance. Will see what this generates.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #846 on: July 15, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
Hi, Bruce! I'm glad you've found our website...I'll be sending you a link to your Latin class in Sept. nearer the  time for Orientation and the start of class on 9/16.

In the meantime, please look around our site and click here to see the whole index.  You won't see Latin classes since those are only seen by those who are enrolled and on the access list for that class.  That's what I'll be doing come Sept. 

Here's the link to the whole index:

http://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php