Archives & Readers' Guides > Archives of Book Discussions

Our Souls by Kent Haruf ~ July 18 ~ July Book Club Online

<< < (27/27)

Ella Gibbons:
And I add my thanks to our wonderful DL, our host, Ginny, for pitching in and finishing this discussion for me while I was in the hospital.  This is a SENIOR site and we are apt to have physical problems from time to time and we all need to help one another. 

Thanks to all participants who also liked the book and added their thoughts.   We have a discussion once a month, so check us out daily!

marcie:
Annie, your living facility sounds wonderful.

It's great to see you here, Ella. Thank you very much for recommending this book.

ginny:
What a surprise to come in and see such great remarks!!! I've been out of town to some family reunions of my husband's family and am excited to see what's here.

I'm sorry it's over, too, Jonathan, I tremendously enjoyed it and I think you put your finger there on what resonates in the book. It's been a real pleasure.

Thank you Ella,  and you're right, we all do pitch in for each other, and that makes it doubly enriching. I hope you are coming along well, that was scary! So glad to have you back!

Ann, thank you and thank you for telling us about your situation where you live now, the support and kindness of your neighbors. I am so happy to hear this because you deserve it, you've always been so supportive of everybody else!  That's great good news.

That book sounds good, I've heard of it somehow. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. And honestly, we're not teenagers here, what can it HURT to occasionally read a book about somebody our age?!?

Thank you, Pat, I would not have read it, either, but I was surprised at the depth of the book when our readers got  hold of it. The depth of our readers and their opinions never  cease to amaze me.  :) Loved the entire thing. Ella always picks the best books to discuss, it's her special knack, I guess.

We here ARE all so fortunate  to have experienced this unique site and the benefits it has offered over the years, not only here but on SeniorNet as well.  Very satisfying experience, all around, and so many lately  who are new to our boards who add  such wonderful thoughts. Doesn't get much better than that, how lucky we ARE, thanks to you all.

Hope to see you all in the next one, TBA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version