Welcome to SeniorLearn Classics > Classics Forum

Classics Forum

<< < (222/222)

ginny:
:) So glad you both enjoyed it. I think it's wonderful in this day and age that the museums, especially with this new Covid thing back on the rise, also take the time to present it online, so we all can enjoy without having to make the trip. That's really a nice thing.

Frybabe:
I agree Ginny.

This morning I received the latest issue of The Guardian's latest newsletter, Down to Earth. In it is an article about the restoration of an irrigation system that the Muslims brought to Spain. The system was still in use until the 1980's, according to the article. Of course, that brought to mind the Roman aqueduct systems, and off I went to refresh my memory on that subject. While I knew that private household connections could be made for a fee, I didn't know (or don't remember) if farms and industry could connect. They could. And while I knew the lead to make the pipes was government regulated and stamped, I didn't know that the pipes themselves were stamped with info on the pipe's manufacturer, the installer, and the subscriber. https://www.vita-romae.com/ancient-roman-aqueducts.html

BarbStAubrey:
Interesting I knew there was irrigation in the homes and gardens installed by the Muslims but did not know the system extended beyond the homes of individuals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version