New to this site? > Remembrances

In Memory of Ella Gibbons

<< < (4/4)

Robby:
There was a time in the past when I was the discussion leader for Story of Civilization but then left to spend full time being a clinical psychologist.  Somehow or other all that knowledge went out of my brain and I found it difficult to get back to you folks.  With the knowledge (and great patience!) of Jane of Iowa and others I find myself back here.  I hope I don't do something to wipe myself out.  But now that I'm here I want to share my sadness at the passing of Ella Gibbons.  I remember her well and her sense of humor.  As some of you recall we used to travel around the nation and meet each other personally.  I saw her numerous times in various cities.  She was a wonderful person and I am positive is now in a wonderful place.  Robby.

Judy Laird:
Hi Robbie good to have you back

Jonathan:
How very saddening to hear about Ella's passing. I wish to extend my sincere condolences to Cindy. How proud you must be of her. She played such a huge role over the years in our book discussions - contributed so much to their success.

Such wonderful tributes to our dear, departed Ella. So richly deserved. What a rare privilege it has been to participate in the discussions over the years. Ella would want us to continue. How about a book on Churchill, Robby? I've got a whole shelf on him. But not the one you mentioned. Is it a recent one?

Farewell, dear Ella. Take your rest. And many, many thanks for the many good reads. Books  I borrowed for a discussion I am now buying with the intention of rereading them. Just a few weeks ago I remembered you when I came across a copy of Confederates in the Attic. What fun it was reading and discussing that one. So were they all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version