Author Topic: Click Here for help getting around the website  (Read 11332 times)

ccrisanto57

Re: NEwbie want/to take latin class when may I sign up
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2022, 03:09:07 AM »
Dear Jan:
  I am interested in learing Latin.  I missed out because by the time I was in High School Latin was considered  dead!  I would like to be able to understand and read Latin sufficiently in order to read books and classics that have been written in Latin as well as understand teh latin words used in church.  I remember a few but not much.
  Could you let me know when the class starts up and how to sign up or put my name down for the class.
Thank you
Cathy Crisanto

jane

• Administrator
  • Registrar for SL's Latin ..... living in NE Iowa
Re: Click Here for help getting around the website
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »
Hi, Cathy!

Welcome to our site.  I received your email and my answer has been sent with the information you need for the enrollment period that will open in mid July.

If you have any questions, please email me at   janeiowaLatin@gmail.com

So glad to have you join us.

jane

marmieone

• +++
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2022, 06:50:32 PM »

Hello Jane - It's Brenda (marmieone). I would like to be enrolled in the Lingua Latina after six class with LinK and Tulip. Do you make that happen for me? What can I do to participate with them this summer? Please let me know. Thank you.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2022, 10:15:26 AM »
Yes, I can make that happen.  Hang on and I’ll send you the link when I have you on the access list.

🤓

Tomereader1

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2022, 07:41:40 PM »
I finally got back into SeniorLearn, and it is so disheartening to see that so few people post here anymore.  Going back through the index of subjects, I see names that haven't posted in 2 to 5 years, and they used to post regularly. Just wondering how many are still "with us" or may be "gone" from this earthly life.  Jane, I know you post over in Seniors & Friends.
The reading of a fine book is an uninterrupted dialogue in which the book speaks and our soul replies.

André Maurois

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2022, 09:54:57 AM »
Welcome back, Tomereader!  How delightful, as always, to see you.  We have missed you!

I'm not Jane, but I'll venture the thought that we actually have two websites here, one which  is visible to the public,  focusing on reading, and one consisting of those learning and reading  Latin, which is not visible.  The one which is not visible  is very robust, and frankly takes all our energy to run, and respond to,  now off for the summer, normally with 150 present subscribers.  A lot of those subscribers also read The Library. They  are, in fact,  great readers, but they don't often post there, and thus don't appear visible to the public. So the public site may look a little sparse, as it only focuses on reading, and a lot of people,  for whatever reason, put aside reading during the Covid pandemic.

I went to S&F and looked at their one discussion focused on  reading. I see the majority of people posting in their Library  are actually on this site as well, and there are several duplicates in posting, using different logins. Of those I see there who are not  posting here,  maybe the books being discussed here don't interest them at the moment?  Or they are happy where they are.  Best way to change participation  is if we all mention what we are currently reading and enjoying.  Or not enjoying.

Is there a particular person  you are curious  about?  Since we started here in 2008,  we have had quite a few to pass on, unfortunately.  Most of those leaving who have not passed on often don't leave a reason behind.

How nice of you to care about those missing.

I think the best way to get a conversation going is to contribute to it. :) I'd like to see the public website grow, too. It's always interesting to hear what folks are reading.

Good  to see you again!

Bev A

• ~~~~
can;t find the log in screen
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2022, 10:51:43 AM »
Hi Jane,

Yesterday I was able to log in with my username and password.  Now I am unable to find the screen.
Also, where will I find your response?

Thanks,

Bev A

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2022, 11:06:28 AM »
Bev....Use your bookmark link:

https://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php#c70

That'll take you to the Assignments area and below it is the Latin 101_Trajan folder which has the Orientation and the items needed for today's assignment.

Remember: The LOCK only means it's READ ONLY.  You post only in the Orientation.

You posted a couple of places yesterday:

https://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php?topic=5666.msg430895#msg430895
 Latin Class Information: 2022

Vivian K

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2022, 02:17:28 PM »
Hello!
Just a question about how to post.  I wanted to add a picture to a post I made this morning, but could not figure out how to attach it. I see the "insert image" icon, but could not copy and paste nor drag the image to the reply.  Is there any way to add pictures/images? Thanks!
Vivian

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2022, 11:52:34 AM »
Vivian...The photos/graphics have to be uploaded to a server somewhere on the internet.

You can email the photo to me or Ginny  and we can upload it to the SL server and send you the link to post.

jane
janeiowaLatin@gmail.com

Frybabe

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2023, 06:48:13 AM »
Testing!
 Ha! It works even though it kept telling me, incorrectly, that my new password did not match.  ;D

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2023, 01:31:58 PM »
HAHA!  You fooled that silly message.  CONGRATS!

jane

Jay C

• ~~~~
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2023, 11:03:11 AM »
Hi Jane,

I was signed up for the summer reading program.  I got on the section entitled summer reading and posted just fine.  Now it is not appearing as an option to click on.  Where did it go?  AmI doing something wrong?

Jay

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2023, 02:56:47 PM »
Jay…

I hope you got my email on June 11.

Hi, Jay,

You are in Lingua Latina

https://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php?topic=5725.0

Name:

Latin 101: Lingua Latina ~2023
Description:

Latin 101: 2023..Summer

ENJOY!

jane

Vita

• w I
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2023, 12:57:30 PM »
Hi Jane, I am reading Lingua Latina on my own.  Could I join the Summer Class and have some company? Thanks!

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2023, 09:42:17 AM »
Vita, Jane has sent the link, are you able to get in? You might be able to see it by scrolling down a good bit? Just checking as I did not see you in there.

:)

Vita

• w I
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2023, 12:39:34 PM »
Thanks Ginny I can enter the class from Jane's link above.

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2023, 12:41:33 PM »
Great! Very tricky things, those access lists, so glad you can use it.