Author Topic: In Memory of Robby Iadeluca  (Read 4152 times)

ginny

• Administrator
In Memory of Robby Iadeluca
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:02:34 PM »

In Memory of Psychologist Robert Iadeluca

We have just heard through Ann Alden that our Robby  passed away on August 6. We are opening this discussion so those who remember him can share their memories.

We are lucky here  on SeniorLearn (and previously on SeniorNet) that we have had the joy of meeting many of our members in person, in addition to online. And since they come from all parts of the world, we  have been enriched so much by knowing people we would not have meet otherwise, and Robby was one of those exceptional  persons.

Robby was previously very active here, leading the long running popular discussion of The Story of Civilization,  and attending many of our Books Gatherings, notably in Chicago, Washington DC.,  and Books at the Beach.  We all have fun memories of him, and a great respect for what he did with his long life.

Robby's Obituary speaks to some of  his many accomplishments:
https://www.fauquier.com/news/psychologist-robert-iadeluca-ph-d-dies-aug/article_dc16f27e-b87f-11e9-9b50-1fce5ff65081.html

We've put  up this discussion so that you can share your memories here.

BarbStAubrey

• BooksDL
  • Keep beauty alive...
    • Piled on Tables and Floors and Bureau Drawers
Re: In Memory of Robby Iadeluca
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 11:51:58 AM »
Robby was a force to be reckoned with - I met him in Chicago when at times he was the life of the group - full of fun and so mentally alive. He took on some serious discussions when we were SeniorNet and then Senior Learn - He tackled with us Tocqueville"s Democracy in America and mentioned above, many of the books in the series, Story of Civilization by Will Durant - there were other books but those were for me the highlights of his scholarship and enthusiasms - all life comes to an end but some make such an impact that it is difficult to let go. It is difficult to let Robby go. 
“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” ~ Goethe

ANNIE

• BooksDL
  • Downtown Gahanna
    • SeniorLearn
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »
Having kept in touch with Robby over the years,  I want to say it was an honor to know him.  He was so enthusiastic about SeniorNet and SeniorLearn and about traveling and meeting other members of our sites!  I met him online on SN and then in Chicago.  He was also with us Charleston.  Danced with our old friend, Eloise there!
He alway teased Barbara St Aubrey and myself about Will Durant’s STORY OF CIVILIZATION.  We were the ones who suggested that he lead the those books.  Seems like he did that for many years.  He will be sorely missed! 😢😢😢
"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth." Robert Southey

Frybabe

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 04:35:11 PM »
How did I miss this? It has been just about two years since this post.

I truly enjoyed Robbie's posts, and have wondered about him off and on for quite some time.

PatH

• BooksDL
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 11:17:58 PM »
I think I must have missed this spot too, or I would have posted in it.  I did know he passed away, though.  Indeed, he was a remarkable person, and an interesting, active participant here.