Author Topic: Latin Class Information: 2021  (Read 4137 times)

jane

• Administrator
  • Registrar for SL's Latin ..... living in NE Iowa
Latin Class Information: 2021
« on: April 23, 2021, 04:26:02 PM »
LATIN CLASSES INFORMATION

Have you always wanted to learn Latin but thought it was too late? Or did you take it years ago, remember it fondly, and wish you could enjoy it again?

We currently offer Latin classes at many different levels, and we have much more information about the Latin classes on the following pages here at SeniorLearn.  Even though our classes are not visible to the public, you can click on each of the links below and be taken right to the classics part of this website.

Classics

Courses description page:  COURSES DESCRIPTION

Although our classes are offered for enjoyment, some students are eligible to take the National Latin Exam.   We are very proud of our students--those who took the test and those who didn't. They all exemplify a love of lifelong learning, and achievement. You can read about it all here: 
https://www.seniorlearn.org/classics/awards/latinexamawards.html

If you want to be notified when enrollment opens for the fall 2022 classes, please email janeiowaLatin@gmail.com

You might want to come to our discussions area and join in any of our book discussions.  It will help you become familiar with the website and how posting is done, etc.

Ask any questions you have below.

Click here for Main Index Page

"I am still amazed on a daily basis that an opportunity like this is available. Although I suppose it's theoretically possible to study Latin on your own, I know I couldn't make it very far without this kind of supported environment, most importantly having such quality teaching! Having your explanations, your kind corrections of our mistakes, your encouragement -- it's really as close to being in an actual classroom as I can imagine."---Christy, Latin student at SeniorLearn.

jane
Registrar~Latin
janeiowaLatin@gmail.com

jane

• Administrator
Re: Latin Class Information: 2021
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 04:30:25 PM »
This is the place to post if you have questions about the Latin classes.  Enrollment will open in mid July for the Sept. classes.  Links and info will be posted here when that happens.

jane

jelizondo

• ^
  • Sapere aude - Dare to know
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 08:54:39 PM »
Thank you Jane!!  Please remember me for Latin class this fall!!  I will keep my eye out for mid July news!!  Have a wonderful summer!!  And thank you for all you do for us!!  Julie
"In absentia lucis, tenebrae vincunt."
"In the absence of light, darkness prevails."

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:51:04 PM »
Hi, Julie....
There'll be announcements in your class and in this discussion as well.  Enjoy your summer!

jane

KathyB

• ####
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 10:57:23 AM »
Is the book still the 4th Edition? (I saw there was a 5th edition.) Should I get the workbook for the 4th edition as well?

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 12:55:32 PM »
Kathy....

We don't use the 5th edition  or the workbook,  but if individually a person likes a workbook, they could certainly get it as auxiliary.         You'd want to see if the answers are provided in the workbook for its exercises, though.

Jane

KathyB

• ####
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 06:20:02 PM »
Thanks!!! Getting excited for class! :)

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 06:50:02 AM »
Latin class enrollment for Sept. classes will open July 20, 2021.

Emails from janeiowaLatin @ gmail.com will be sent to all present students and all those on the Notification List.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
ENROLLMENT FOR FALL 2021

Enrollment must be done a bit differently this year because of changes at Survey Monkey.  Incoming 101s on the Wait List will receive an email. 

Anyone wishing to enroll in Latin 101 who has not received an enrollment email can request one at janeiowaLatin@gmail.com

PLEASE PUT ENROLLMENT FOR 101 REQUEST in the subject line.

Rising 102s will also receive an email.

Those above 102 will find their link to their enrollment here:

https://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php?topic=5579.msg413233#msg413233

Please be patient with jane as we work with this new procedure. 

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »

Our Latin academic year is well underway with 98 enthusiastic students.

IF you're interested in Latin for next Sept., you can email janeiowaLatin@gmail.com and ask to be on the notification list when enrollment opens again next midsummer.

johnventus

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 08:57:15 PM »
I am interested please in your Latin class.  I've one year of college Latin.  Thank you.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 10:12:35 AM »
Hi, John,
 WELCOME to SeniorLearn.  I received your email, and I've sent you a reply with some links to check out, if you haven't done so already.  Congratulations to you for already having a username and knowing how to post.  You're way ahead of schedule.

8)

You're also on my list to notify next July when enrollments open again.

In the meantime, look around the site, and join in any discussion that interests you.

jane