Archives & Readers' Guides > Talking Heads ~ Curious Minds ~ Op/Ed

Talking Heads - Healthcare Reform

(1/148) > >>

BooksAdmin:
Talking Heads #6
"It occurred to me that nothing is more interesting than opinion when opinion is interesting..."
Herbert Bayard Swope, creator of the Op-Ed page.

A two week  forum for opinions on anything in print: magazines, newspaper articles, online: bring your ideas and let's discuss.
Our Sixth  Selection is:      
Health Care  Reform~! Are We on the Fast Track?

7 Ways Health Reform Is Going to Affect You
Newsweek June 10, 2009

--- Quote ---Change is coming to medical care in America, and it may be a done deal by summer's end. From Capitol Hill to the White House, enthusiasm is running high for President Obama's plan to morph with lightning speed the current patchwork, private-public blend of healthcare into something closer to a single-payer, government-run system. Steadfastly promising to bring high-quality, affordable care to everyone, the president assures people that they will keep their own doctor and insurance if they want, see a return of some $2,500 to their pocketbook, and become decidedly healthier. But restructuring will inevitably call for sacrifice on the part of most individuals.
--- End quote ---

Change is coming at last to Health Care in the US. What do you think the problem is? What needs to be done in your opinion? Are you willing to sacrifice what you have now?

Those of you in different countries, how does your health care work (or not?) Let's weigh the pros and cons. Everybody agrees something needs to be done, but what?

Is nationalized medicine the answer?

Let's discuss!

ginny:
Welcome!! What's the #1 topic on everybody's mind today? Health Care Reform. But what will it mean to YOU? Will something change?

Check out the article above, 7 things we should know about proposed health care changes.

What do YOU think is the major problem in the US today? If you are not in the US, tell us how your health care works, the good and the bad.

Let's discuss the state of Health Care which is about to change drastically in the US, what are YOUR thoughts?

maryz:
Checking in.

nlhome:
I'm just marking my place for now. Health Care reform is an important subject to me. Our country should not have such an unfair system as the current mishmash of coverage/noncoverage.

Nan

CallieOK:
Marking my place, also.   

I don't understand why all the emphasis is on amounts for payment instead of amounts being charged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version