Author Topic: Click Here for help getting around the website  (Read 11335 times)

jane

• Administrator
  • Registrar for SL's Latin ..... living in NE Iowa
Click Here for help getting around the website
« on: June 24, 2018, 01:37:13 PM »

This is the place to ask those questions, report problems, seek help in navigating this website.

Antonio63

Re: Click Here for help getting around the website
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »
Hi Jane,

I would like to take the Latin class.  What should I do next?

Antonio

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
Hi, Antonio,
I will send you an email...it'll come from janeiowaLatin@gmail.com

In that email will be information about the Latin classes.  I will also add you to my list to be notified when enrollment for the Sept. classes begin about the 20th of July.

Please put the address above in your contacts, so I don't end up in your spam folder.  ;)

jane

Edwardius

Registration
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:29:36 AM »

Greetings! 

I just almost-registered for Latin-I.  I selected the option to  "send check for $50".  However, when I completed registration, the Survey-Monkey site closed,  and now it will not let me back in to see where I need to send the check.  Can you please give me the address to which I should send my check for $50 to complete registration?  Thank you!

-Ed Kelly

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 09:03:44 AM »
Yes....I got your email and see you found it, but I'll put it here, too.

SeniorLearn

PO Box 341

Pauline, SC 29374

Poppaea

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
hi Jane: I am also mailing my check for $50.00 to Senior Learn, P.O. Box 341, Pauline, SC 29374. I am not sure if I completed my registration correctly - I got an enrollment acknowledgement entitled "Enrollment Upper Levels Latin, 2018-2019" and am sending my check separately. I hope this is the correct procedure. Heather Peskin
heatherpeskin@yahoo.com

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »
Thanks, Heather.  I emailed you about your enrollment, and that I didn't know if I had your correct email addy.

I do now, so I'll correct the enrollment form and make sure it's in my contacts.

Thanks!

Sean

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:41:21 AM »
Jane,
Just a quick question. Is it normal to be getting pop-up advertisements on the Classroom site?
Just wondering
Sean

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 08:35:27 PM »
No, Sean, we have no ads on this site.  You must be getting them from your browser or?

Poppaea

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 04:18:09 PM »
Message for Jane: I tried to register but got a message stating that the user (hepeskin) does not exist.  I am in a bit of a panic about all this. I am sorry to be such a nuisance. Heather Peskin

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »
Heather,  you seem to be on as you can post. You can't post if the website does not recognize you and you have.

Can you now see your class? Here is a link to it, Jane is off for a bit:

Give this a whirl, if you can see THIS, and you can post HERE there should be no issue in seeing this as well:

http://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php?board=238.0

Frybabe

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 12:30:08 PM »
Jane, CallieinOK is having a dickens of a time trying to get into SeniorLearn. She has no idea what she did, but the site has her banned. The email listed on her account is still active so you can contact her there.

Let me know if you need me to relay anything to her. She is active over on the Library Shelf in Seniors and Friends.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 04:48:30 PM »
Thanks, Frybabe.   Let me look and see if I can see what's going on.

splunk

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »
I know that I have seen it, but I need a bit of clarification on Orientation.  Yes, the dates are 11, 12, & 13; but do we need to do each day?  Is there a specific time that we need to be in?  Thanks  : )

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 04:46:11 PM »
Splunk....
I will be doing the Orientation for new Latin students as I've done in the past.  You do need to come in each day to see the tips I'm offering, the explanations, and to see the answers to questions other students have.  It is in that exact place that Ginny will start your class on Monday, Sept. 16. 

There is no specific time as we have students from all US time zones as well as the UK, etc.  You come in when it's convenient for you and you read every post that has been added since you were there last.  This is true for the class, as well.  Ginny is on the east coast, but we have lots of students on the west coast, which is why we offer a class "After 6" when Ginny will be online on Monday and Thursdays.

I'll send out a link to the Orientation Room before Sept. 11, of course.

jane

splunk

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »
Thanks!  : )

SouthernLady1948

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »
I was late getting registered, and I missed the Orientation. Where can I find it? I live on the west coast so will be in the 6 pm session for the classes, but where do I go for that?
Thanks,
SouthernLady1948

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
I'm sorry you missed the Orientation.  Let me email you some links so you can read the Orientation and be ready for Monday.

ckat

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 11:09:15 PM »
Hi, Jane, this is Cathy (ckat, pronounced with a soft, non-latin c:), I email you with the tech questions, right?  I was looking at the presentation on Pompeii, which was extremely interesting, by the way, and about midway through reply #2, there are no pictures.  Descriptions, yes, but no pictures. It's clear from the descriptions that there should be images.  Let me know if I need to call my computer techie (my son:) or if it's on your end.   Thanks!

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2019, 08:56:33 AM »
Hi, Cathy...

I don't know why you're not seeing the pictures. They're here at this end.

Try this link and see if they show now?  This is a link to #2 only.  Were you able to see pictures beyond #2?

https://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php?topic=5415.msg367580#msg367580

You can email me  OR, you can post in our Latin area...click here for ASK JANE! 

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2019, 10:11:27 AM »
Another thought...are you waiting long enough for the pictures to load?  It's very photo intensive, and some time may be needed by people with slow connections to load.

ckat

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »
Thanks, got "em.  usually there's a little spinny icon that tells you it's going to take a long time to load, but i didnt see that...just blank space.  but i clicked on your link this morning and there it was in its entirety!  Such a fun presentation...now i have a new place to add to my bucket list.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 04:01:58 PM »
So glad that worked for you and you could then see all the others, too.

Sonny B

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 01:58:22 PM »
Amazon doesn't show seniorlearn.org in its database.  Are you sure seniorlearn.org is actually being credited for book purchases?

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2019, 07:48:27 PM »
Hi, Sonny...
Ginny will have to answer that ....

Are you using this link...that does have SeniorLearn in it?

https://www.amazon.com/b?_encoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=1000&tag=seniorlorg-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2019, 08:02:26 PM »
If you use that link (thank you very much) you can see seniorlorg in the link name and on the Amazon Website you can see on top to the far left almost over the word Amazon  a bar on top  with  yellow at the left and the words Amazon Associates SiteStripe and that's us.

JeanneP

• Sept 2013
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 04:48:03 PM »
How I wish I had stuck with Latin when back in School. That was the only one we could take. At that time I just could not stand doing it. Now I would have been able to pick up a little Spanish and French. To late now. But glad so many are enjoying doing it in here.
Now growing up in The Anglican Church we still had mass and lots of things done in Latin. There are a couple of short prayers  that I can sat to myself in Latin. Thats about it.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2020, 05:07:45 PM »
Jeanne...a Latin background helps with a lot of things, I think, that people who've never had any don't realize.  And, there are a lot of Latin students here who've had it on their "bucket list" for many, many reasons and seem to love the chance to do it now online.

jane

rosemarykaye

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 11:31:12 AM »
Hi Jane - sorry to bother you here, but I think there are some Senior Learn members who are also users of Seniors & Friends.  I used to belong to that years ago but haven't posted on it for a long time. I was hoping to rejoin but I have now tried to register at least 6 times and I keep getting my registration rejected, so I just wondered if there was anyone who is a member of both sites who could help?  I can't find a contact button on the Seniors & Friends home page.

Any assistance much appreciated!

Best wishes,

Rosemary

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »
Hi, Rosemary,

Let me send you an email with  contacts there.  Pat Scott Halbach and others who used to have access have passed away. 

Email on the way.

Jane

PatH

• BooksDL
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2020, 02:02:57 PM »
Annie just texted me.  When she tries to post using her iPhone, her usual method, she gets "logged" where the reply button should be.  Turning the phone off and on doesn't help.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2020, 09:17:25 PM »
Pat....her phone is not letting her scroll down, apparently.  I obviously can’t do anything about that.  I’ve sent her several messages and links to click on to get her back in.  She’s seeing the “logged” which everyone sees,  in the lower right corner of every post. Annie apparently isn’t able to get scrolling down to the last post where she’d see the Reply button below the last post.  The “logged” is within the post, not below it. 

Frybabe

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2020, 06:18:02 AM »
Looks like a little spam cleanup is in order in The Library. The text is mostly nonsense what little I read of it.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2020, 08:42:33 AM »
Ginny took care of it.  Thanks, Frybabe!

Jkassis

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2020, 01:55:45 PM »

This is the place to ask those questions, report problems, seek help in navigating this website.
Jane, i am trying to get to the Assignments for my 105 level class. Having trouble getting anything to com up, even though I have clicked on the Assignments sectio. In the instruction, I was told to go to the Assignments before clicking on the Class fot 105.

Jkassis

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
JKassis...you're on the right track...you just didn't go deep enough.

https://seniorlearn.org/forum/index.php#c57   takes you to a place that has, in orange lettering....Assignments at the top and under that, also in orange, Latin 105

Click on ASSIGNMENTS FIRST and you'll see it open to:

CLICK on that folder to open it and you'll see the intro and Ginny's posts:

marmieone

• +++
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2020, 05:54:56 PM »
Hello Jane - I had just submitted my Grammar Workshop answers and was hoping to listen to the files Ginny sent us. Is there a way to do that after the workshop has closed? I'd like to listen on other days when I have more time. Let me know. Thank you.

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:30 AM »
I think I answered this in my email to you?  Ginny said the links were on the first page in the workshop?

jane

Annie107

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2020, 07:16:55 AM »
Hi, Jane,
I'm enrolled in Ginny's 102, and just yesterday I started having difficulty with my sign-in, and notifications.  Even though the boxes to keep me logged in and to send notifications are checked, I did not receive notifications, and every time I wanted to check what is happening in class, I had to log in.  Is this something you can help me with?
Thank ou,
Anne
Asterix CVII

jane

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2020, 12:02:42 PM »
Annie...Did you get a new update on your device?  If so, that may have wiped out your previous cookie that holds your login information.  That's stored on your device, not here at SL.  You may also have cleared your cookies. 

I'd suggest you first power down your device and then power it back up and see if the login holds.  If not, check the cookies on your device, and delete the one for seniorlearn.org and let it reset again when you then login again.

I hope one of these things helps.

Stay safe and healthy,

jane