Author Topic: Movies & Books Into Movies  (Read 581700 times)

BarbStAubrey

• BooksDL
  • Keep beauty alive...
    • Piled on Tables and Floors and Bureau Drawers
Re: Movies & Books Into Movies
« Reply #5120 on: June 22, 2024, 12:33:32 AM »
Thanks Tome... I heard it was good - nice to hear from someone you know and trust.
“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” ~ Goethe

BarbStAubrey

• BooksDL
  • Keep beauty alive...
« Reply #5121 on: June 23, 2024, 03:42:07 PM »
Wow - movie about a 93 year old sleuth tracking who robbed her of her money online - actress is actually 94 - I want to see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFAFsDEM0j4
“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” ~ Goethe

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #5122 on: June 24, 2024, 11:46:34 AM »
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Oh yeah, we've GOT to see that one. Priceless. Maybe give a copy to the kids.

BarbStAubrey

• BooksDL
  • Keep beauty alive...
« Reply #5123 on: June 24, 2024, 01:45:22 PM »

ginny

• Administrator
« Reply #5124 on: July 07, 2024, 09:03:40 AM »
Am very much enjoying the new Murder in Provence, which has a cast of characters from many favorite shows, including Father Brown, and Doc Martin and specifically Midsomer Murders. So far it's fun but uneven, but I love seeing old favorites appear on the screen, and identifying them. It had a very strong beginning, and I hope it will run for a long time. It's on BritBox.

I've only seen two of them, it's brand new. PBS and Paramount  and Amazon carry it. The scenery of Provence France and Aix is simply stunning.

Also trying to force self to watch the old TV series   The Restaurant, which is free on Youtube, a sort of reality thing with Rocco Di Spirito which I initially really liked as he's now the new chef of some cruise ship? Apparently nobody BUT me liked the original program. hahahaa

Still watching Escape to the Country on youtube. Also the many films of Michael Portillo (whose name was just in a trivia contest I was doing). I still wonder if the presenters on the  Escape show get a percentage of the cost of the sale. Jules is still my favorite but they do have some very engaging hosts and some dream properties....at dream prices sometimes.